Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

Surely it's all a conspiracy. All the cameras overheating, and just this model. Mine overheated mounted outside a Jeep in Canada. Multiple times. I was using a recommend SD card, one that works fine in my drone that has a higher bitrate.

The SD card thing is a "go away" excuse and by the time the consumer figures it out it's usually too late to do anything because of the forced arbitration clause, all of which are BS. Only in this kakistocracy does such a thing exist.

And yes, manufacturing the same soc with a better process would solve the issue, but that is very expensive and there are only so many facilities in existence that can do it.

The GoPro's previous models didn't overheat at full quality but because it "4k60" it's suddenly supposed to be acceptable? That's BS. The camera can't be used inside a car as a dashcam unlike previous models. It can't be used inside a plane for long flights. It can't be used inside the waterproof housing for long recording times. In my tests it overheated in less than 30 minutes doing that.

The camera has problems and I'm not stupid as you're implying. I do, actually, know what I'm talking about. The camera should be recalled for anybody who needs it's full quality.
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

Re: pulled quote. It wasn't selective. It overheated. Then the camera was restarted after which it only lasted 11 minites. When my 7 overheated the first time I was able to coax a few more minutes out of it but decided it to be unwise to do that regularly, nevermind it being impossible with the camera mounted outside the vehicle.
Highlighted
Tourist

Lastly, I don't work for DJI, but FWIW, my drone works flawlessly (unlike the Karma). GoPro's sad excuse was to blame the regulations for that disaster. No ability to take responsibility apparently.
Highlighted
Explorer

As far as my experience with my HERO7 Black.

@fluttershy2019
I surf with my GoPro 3-4 times a week. I did this with a HERO5, HERO6, FUSION as well. I also do snorkeling, swimming, and have dove with my cameras. They are also used recreationally mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, sailing, ATV riding, and just playing with my kids. I've used my cameras to record weddings, birthdays, sporting events, and even for some Estate sales.

These cameras are most certainly waterproof, durable, and capture amazing video. If you use them properly, you will have absolutely no issues. If you do, you have a one year warranty and a customer service team that is more than happy to help you out, and will usually go well beyond what they have to do to make you happy. Add GoPro Plus and you get up to two camera replacements per year (for any reason), cloud service, 24/7 priority support, and 50% off most accessories.

Sure, I'm a "fanboy". There is a heck of a lot to like and be a fan of!

Which, if you think about it, makes sense why I would come to this forum and post replies. Makes you wonder about the frequent post from those who just post negative crap. Strange just how motivated they are to "save others" from the same fate as that which befell them.

Strange. Especially since every camera comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and 1-2 (depending on region) year warranty.

I'm not saying the Chinese company DJI, which has a long history of online warfare, stealing and lying to their customers, and is actively trying to take on GoPro, has anything to do with this. But it does make you wonder, and it would explain a lot (especially how the frequent post and attacks in this forum got a significant uptick when GoPro released the Karma drone). Hmmmm.
Highlighted
Adventurer

So its 60 degrees Fereinheit  and My phone  is an Apple  IOS Iphone 6 when the Sun is up  my phone basically over heatd or better yet when I am on a rooftop at 40 degrees Ferienheit  and my phone is outsode  its  depleted....  Oh wait its 103 degrees feirentheit and well uh the Hero 4 black  recording at 4K30 for 30 minutes...  works just fine...

What to do. 

Highlighted
Explorer

@adeptwater21433
Your drone? Oh, your DJI drone! Strange how you included slights against GoPro when referring to the drone. How does this relate to the OP's question? Other than showing your obvious biased and unscrupulous intentions. Your comments in this forum are basically worthless, so you can move along. Bye. Tell everyone over on the DJI forums how you put up a good fight. I'm sure they will be proud of you 😋👍
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Is not GoPro made by who?

China  and DJI CHina.

4K60 153 degrees F  is an operating temp and 48 minutes 3 minutes more then a dji.

https://youtu.be/b0ycn4C6Kp8

151 degrees 45 plus minutes 140 plus and 43 minutes bottom line no issues good luck pny and samsung 64gb cards
Highlighted
Tourist

So anybody who has a problem with their GoPro overheating must work for DJI. Got it. Not at all like Apple fanboys, nope.

Re: 4k30 working fine. Yes. No debating there. Record in one of the HEVC only modes like 4k60 or 1080p240 and get back to me on that one. It's not a valid test if you're running it at half capacity.