11-19-2018 03:34 AM
11-19-2018 04:28 AM
every camera gets hot when filming, especially at 4K at high frame rate.
I own hero6 and 7. Both get hottish.
with hero6 I had the same behavior as you, stuck, I had to remove the battery to go on.
when I use one of them as dashboard, I always sacrifice one auto air conditioning vent to cool my iPhone (navigation + wireless charging) and my gopro.
whitout, even at 2.7@25fps that I usually set, gets hot.
the sun on windshield make the things worst.
the heat during winter the same.
but you are saying 10min of video makes it hot. this is not usual.
what are exactly the settings that you use? 4K at ?fps?
and what microSd card are you using?
what can help:
- make sure you have the latest firmware update 1.51 installed, using manual update
and use "manual update"
- make sure you use a microSD card that is in the accepted list, it is proven that a slow card will make the camera more hot; the card performnace are critical when filming especially HEVC videos.
- any aditional settings, stabilization, PT on, etc. will make the processor to work harder, if card is slow things will be worst.
looking forward to good news.
11-19-2018 04:50 AM
as you are saying 10min of video makes it hot and gets stuck, this is not usual.
so I've just tested mine, 10min, 4K@50fps.
- with a 128GB Sandisk Extreme, U3, V30, A1 card (which is in the list for both hero6/7 (truth at 32GB not at 128GB), gets more hot in 10min
- than with a Samsung Evo plus 256GB (in the list also).
please consider this as a proof microSd card performance counts in temperature management.
11-19-2018 10:50 AM
for hanging isu you know it hanging olso when i open it after get it out from the charger .and for the update I already have the last update.
The video settings I used is 4k@60fps,and the micro sd card is samsung evo plus128.
11-26-2018 06:59 AM
just want to be sure...
your card is "evo plus" or "evo+" ?
I was driving for hours last days, 3-4h continous filming.
I only change the battery when empty.
11-26-2018 07:41 AM
I think my camera has a problem or the card I don't know but I bought them both from amazon and I don't know what to do .