Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: HORRIBLE BODY QUALITY BRANDNEW HERO 8 BLACK

This is my take on a return You only have 30 days to decide from teh Date you Purchased  or date A postal carrier marks it  delievered. I  be in the safe side and go with the Date you purchased to  make 110% certain my return gets to me when called.

I am sure you will get  a Open box container, that is  is unclear new or Refurb. I would have taken the Refund as I been there and done that with GoPro. I rather   have gotten the   credit back to my account, and gotten a Brand new product, you knew that correct  @-hitman-  ???

you  knew that.

Nomad

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics wrote:

I am sure you will get a Open box container, that is unclear new or Refurb.

I saved the whole support chat history. The agent wrote that it will be a NEW item that will come in an alternative box.

Funny thing by the way: When completing the form for the return shipping label you are NOT able to choose a Hero 8 Black.

The dropdown menu does NOT contain a Hero 8 Black and free text data are not permitted.

Seems that GoPro already knows why Smiley LOL

@fishycomics wrote:

I would have taken the Refund as I been there and done that with GoPro. I rather have gotten the credit back to my account, and gotten a Brand new product, you knew that correct  @-hitman-  ???

There's just a small problem in doing so because in my case I pre-ordered and paid with a coupon code that was valid only until yesterday to get 20% off.

If I would have decided to get a refund, how would I've been able to purchase the product again with 20% off?

And of course GoPro did NOT offer me another coupon code!

Adventurer

Always a catch, right?

20%  off the total is around  $340.00.  I sit down ask myself:  New camera lose the dicount, take the chances on a Sale, if a   free gifts. or Keep the cam  exchange   and  use the return policy as my last resort.  I personally go  for the return for reasons of  cutting closer to the return expiration,  No one knows the whole story unless told... I am sure there is some more info to this (wink) (Smiles)   the figures are based on my Region.   good that you got 20% while GoPro gave me 25% off but only 15%off  a hero 7 Lol.  If at any given time gopr rep said call back and they'll update the I get MIXED replies    go-figure

Hiker

[ Edited ]
Okay, just received mine and it looks like OP’s is definitely a little funky. Mine has a slight texture to it, but it’s uniform and looks good.

https://i.imgur.com/Uxv92lM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/08sYdzu.jpg
Nomad

Looks ok to me as well. Still hoping my replacement will look nearly that way. Thanks for sharing.
Adventurer

@cierrecart wrote:
Okay, just received mine and it looks like OP’s is definitely a little funky. Mine has a slight texture to it, but it’s uniform and looks good.

https://i.imgur.com/Uxv92lM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/08sYdzu.jpg

great to hear.   

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Well I really hope you get yours sorted out,  cause it looks like gopro really changed.   and that I must accept. if I want one.

People will cry now Look that line  above the 8,trust me people cry over teh stupidest things.  but I  really hope like said gopro take care of ya.  if you like Dig deep in here two years back I  remember people griping about a Line!

Untitled.png

Tourist

[ Edited ]

My issue is with the housing but not like you guys. The join inbetween the housing and lens front part was not consistantly the same and wider in some areas, at some parts it meets the housing and some parts there is a gap, Gopro chat where on to it straight away i sent a photo and they said its not normal and said to take it back to retialer and swap out, They did but they where worse, I ended up picking the best one i good out of the stores batch. they wegopro1.jpgare all different. I am putting it down to manufacturing has changed and this model is not as quality as before models. I am hoping mine is waterproof but if not know that gopro will back it up. Doesnt feel right being a guinea pig for there qaulity control though.