Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: HORRIBLE BODY QUALITY BRANDNEW HERO 8 BLACK

[ Edited ]

Still hoping that GoPro's management learns someday how to teach all those hard working guys in China how to configure their injection molding machines correctly before manufacturing more faulty batches in their factories.

Tourist

The answer sounds like:

"Oh we know it looks like sh*t but we already have your money so that's fine! Otherwise other people would complain and we do not want that to happen. Please come back next year and buy the new Hero 9 which will have some small firmware changes compared to Hero 8"

That is why I won't preorder any camera until they fix the production issues and other users can confirm that the camera freeze issue is also fixed.

Adventurer

I do not own a GoPro Hero 8 Black due to People complaining. no. I am holding off for a sale. not a Trade up , but a real Sale. Today they ship. and still Oct 21st the stores.  I heard it all andstill hearing more. got no issues   demonstrating my personal ways things get done.  Many griped about OH I want a  official gopro  camera in its original box not a  Refurb...... oh it got scratches  direct from .....

Well watch. makea comment on the youtube vid...   love to hear your thoughts.... 

Guys glad you are moving forward .  I am sure by the 30 day mark you be retuning the camera after you  used it, did not meet  your expectations, all damaged in scratches and  marks, and gopro  doesnot blink an eye..  Or what if they  Declined the return because it was not the samestate that it was given in?   And that can be a valid point we'll soon see?

FISH

Explorer

OK, you can certainly choose to wait, or even not purchase a camera at all. The point about GoPro not caring is way off base, especially considering dealing with a return cost them not only the loss of sale but also resources, but you're free to share your thoughts, no matter how inaccurate they are.

Luckily though, the great mystery has been solved. There is no issue or defect with the cameras.
Adventurer

5 days in that is news. 

Nomad

[ Edited ]

@-hitman- wrote:

I cannot help suspecting that GoPro is simply trying to avoid plentiful returns from thousands of customers by claiming that this is "normal".

I just wanted to quote myself once in a lifetime Smiley LOL

BTW: Guess on which one the chinese factory used granule that was too moisty in order to fill up the injection molding machine...GP1.jpg

GP2.jpg

But hey, it's the new uniform design Smiley LOL

Question: If the lower one is normal, do I have to return the upper one? Smiley LOL

It is still so RIDICULOUS Smiley LOL

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@-hitman- wrote:

@-hitman- wrote:

I cannot help suspecting that GoPro is simply trying to avoid plentiful returns from thousands of customers by claiming that this is "normal".

I just wanted to quote myself once in a lifetime Smiley LOL

BTW: Guess on which one the chinese factory used granule that was too moisty in order to fill up the injection molding machine...GP1.jpg

GP2.jpg

But hey, it's the new uniform design Smiley LOL

Question: If the lower one is normal, do I have to return the upper one? Smiley LOL

It is still so RIDICULOUS Smiley LOL

Have you sent the camera Back yet? you have I believe up to ten days when opening the RMA. was that told to you? so its 9 days left.

OMG help me understand why  mine shows this way. 

DSC05169.jpg

Adventurer

I will be calling gopro my camera got the same look as the hero 8 issues?    maybe my eyes are older and the camera brings it OUT.

DSC05169.jpg