10-16-2019 03:36 AM
Luckily, as we've been informed by actual GoPro representatives (and not "friends" or people making assumptions), there is nothing wrong with the cameras :)
Of course, since GoPro offers a 30-day money back return policy, it's even more inconsequential since people can return their camera if they don't like the cosmetic appearance. Since there does seem to be a variance in the overall cosmetic appearance, they could also just purchase another. Glad we don't have to make a big ado about nothing.
10-16-2019 03:54 AM - edited 10-16-2019 03:57 AM
I really wish GoPro would simply confess that there are some batches with faulty housings after they got mine that I've already returned instead of removing their own answers users posted in here.
Cannot be very difficult to recognize a manufacturing error that is so obvious that even a blindfolded moron could recognize it.
10-16-2019 05:14 AM
So page 10 Hit man and braveflame were edited? That I am sorry to hear. I re-read the thread some more. We all know and its going to continue to get repeated.
Below if there were complaints about the camera they start showing. Only the select few. GoPro Moderator's and adminstrators have camera's in hand, that will be a excellent question ( they do not) (more like free interprize from home) (but rather guess and assume). If I were a Moderator running a site I have a camera in hand, and whenever one came on to have a question I help out, showing, telling etc..
This is a GoPro official site and no actual photos from GoPro showing your's compared to theirs. calling the Bluff? You then have to decide on a photo shown:
- Is it real the photo? Yes
- Is to close up, the lighting reflecting the colour, texture, shine etc..? Yes
- Is there anothr photo showing a different angle, further distance, tc..? Yes
- How is it compared to another hero 8, if owner has two, or other models if owner has the? Unsure
- Has it been compared to another model, another manufacturer, etc..? No
These are just some examples or questions new and returned members simply post up and do not know:
- We all know, NO GoPro has a 30-day protection policy called a return, if any reason you are unsatasfied, at gopro's expense a full refund is offered. (did GoPro leave out the words Decline if damage done to the camera)(wink)
- We all Know, NO GoPro offers a Plus pkg that now allows 2 returns per year with a copay (unsure but what I read) (our decision to decline or take out) (wateer activities, it's a must to take out)
- We all Know, NO about the Warranty of GoPro? (Regional 1-2 years) water damage, wear -ntear options offered.(gopro's will listen and reason with discounts on customers neglegence)
- We All know , No how to navigate a site to find a support, a contact us, etc Or are people today becoming more like aIbots relying on others to do their work or are totally Brand new, remembering not all are Modernized and that WE all Must respect.
Again these are just some examples. I feel if I head to a Brick Store. I communicate with a Sales-Person. They Unlock the display (life we live today due to theft) hand a product over. "You" have the option to ask right and then there
- Tell me about the Product (feel if the Sales-Person has experience on it , to sell you)
- Have the product shown in hand and show how it works.
- Ask if a sample footage can be taken (if a return visit is needed if no sd card or file transfer available).
- And questions about store Policy, camera policy etc.
We then have the final question to ask which is most important that the answer is No.
- May I open the product up to inspect and if I am satasfied. write me up.
- If I have to pay first, open up in front of you and unstasfied refund.
- WIll I get charged a restocking fee because the Policy say must not be opened. any open product, will get a 15% restocking fee.
Do I need to repeat this info to myself.
- You have the same options but at the convience of your Home
After all this writing an hour later for me. I personally feel I was not asked to buy this camera, I chose to do some research, then to be first on-line and complain about something that I did not know, and fight about it online. If I were new to Go-Pro, I be on here doing the same and then feel like a DUMBASS because I was wrong and many do come on here not reading the manual at all..
- I wrote this to make Money
- I wrote this to ...
I wrote this so I can offer my Opinion. Troll reminds me of Ernest B grizwald. I hope that a Mod or Admin can simply, better yet I hope a GoPro sales-marketing Team can Join in and offer some Insight and enlighten us all on the product. and when you ar eready to purchse they can Sell you. the chioce is yours and no one can tel you to keep or return not a single person, that said
these are the only found issued photos on the net I can did up.
10-16-2019 06:10 AM - edited 10-16-2019 06:12 AM
So Hitman and braveflame were edited? That I am sorry to hear.
Not only braveflame and me have been edited. All comments have been edited that contained an official statement by different GoPro's support agents that confirmed the housings of the complained items are NOT normal. That's what happened in here.
these are the only found issued photos on the net
I found a leaked picture of the new Hero 9 Black that will be released next year:
And here comes GoPro telling us: "The Hero 9 Black camera's outer coating differs from that of previous cameras, and may appear scratched or damaged. Please note that this is BY DESIGN.This new look and feel is due to the fact that the camera's coating is made with glass fibers, resulting in a stronger material."
10-16-2019 06:33 AM - edited 10-16-2019 06:35 AM
Thank you that is great to hear that the New Hero 9 is in the works?. I am sure when GoPro Made the hero 4 Session all this was perfectly worked out. And it sure was, they proceeded with a new design the hero 5 Black and continued with the Hero 5 Session as well. Soon after to be all discontinued out of the Line up the Hero 4, hero 5, Hero 6 and now the Hero 7. so you are getting your wish that gopro is fading away, but also improving as well.
Your cosmetics could have lead to water damage, should I start that Rumer next. I understand its a concern to you and others, I understand gopro has the right to edit, finished topics that cause it to lead down the wrong path, nuff said about that...
The topic is about your camera being defective, and GoPro sending out a defective product and you blame GoPro for not stopping a Mass production Line.
My suggestion was to return, great, my next suggestion is wait for the 2nd batch or Lott if repurchasing?
Are you repurchasing, I forgot if you are going to get a replacement or refund Hitman?
edited to correct Grammar
10-16-2019 07:06 AM - edited 10-16-2019 07:09 AM
I forgot if you are going to get a replacement or refund Hitman?
As I really wanted to love this product I decided to get a replacement instead of a refund just in order to have an A-B-comparison.
As my faulty B-version is already on its way back to GoPro I really hope to get a flawless A-version this time.
If not, you might wanna guess what will happen next