Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: HORRIBLE BODY QUALITY BRANDNEW HERO 8 BLACK

Hi GoPro Admin @mariustanya

Why did you edit our posts, removing the official responses we got from GoPro via email?
Does it contradict with your internal line of communication?

The truth is out already. Move on. I’m still keeping my camera, it “may” be a collector’s item in the future.
I wish.
Highlighted
Explorer

Re. edits: It's in the rules for the support community.

Great to know you've made a decision and are happy with the camera.

Glad to know we can all move on, now that we know it's not a manufacturing defect (I know, "but I have a friend who says....")
Anonymous

@veldra9 wrote:
Hi GoPro Admin @mariustanya
Why did you edit our posts, removing the official responses we got from GoPro via email?
Does it contradict with your internal line of communication?
The truth is out already.

Great to know that contradictions seem to be daily fare for GoPro especially when it comes to manucaturing errors and complaints by customers. It adjoins to deception in my opinion.

There's an obvious abyss of ignorance due to the fact that it has been explained already multiple times in here why some batches of the new Hero 8 Black have a faulty housing.

Glad to know that there are almost 100 answers within this topic and almost 1.200 views on the very first comment of this topic.

Guess no one will move on as everyone has got the right getting a flawless item everyone paid for.

Tourist

@Anonymous 

Let us know when (or if) you get the replacement unit. And just ignore the trolling. It's not worth anybody's time to answer to people who evidently are being paid for writing crap.

Explorer

Obviously
Anonymous

@mateuszm6487 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Let us know when (or if) you get the replacement unit.

Will do that definitely. You can be sure about that.

Obvious manufacturing errors need to be shared and discussed in here so that everyone is able to comprehend what's really going on concerning those faulty housings.

Explorer

Yes, I agree, "so that everyone is able to comprehend what's really going on".

I'd hate for someone to mistakenly think that there was something wrong with their camera due to the variance in cosmetic look from the reinforcement to the camera body.

Luckily, as we've been informed by actual GoPro representatives (and not "friends" or people making assumptions), there is nothing wrong with the cameras :)

Of course, since GoPro offers a 30-day money back return policy, it's even more inconsequential since people can return their camera if they don't like the cosmetic appearance. Since there does seem to be a variance in the overall cosmetic appearance, they could also just purchase another. Glad we don't have to make a big ado about nothing.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

The fact that GoPro admins already started to edit comments users posted in here prooves that there's something really strange going on: GoPro tries to cloud an obvious issue. It's just that simple.