Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: HORRIBLE BODY QUALITY BRANDNEW HERO 8 BLACK

@fishycomics wrote:

Have you sent the camera Back yet? you have I believe up to ten days when opening the RMA. was that told to you? so its 9 days left.

As I already told you in here yesterday (click me): My camera with the FAULTY housing is on its way back. Luckily. RMA case is opened. The whole support chat history is saved. Got the name of the agent.

I'll be back in here with a final result. Don't worry. Guess it will last a few weeks which is pretty cool, if you have pre-ordered something for a reason. But GoPro is not that fast when it comes to returned items by customers.

Adventurer

thanks great to know I got lost up in the  posts here Lol.   gopr owas pritty fast for me  took 4 to 5 days to get to gopro here 5000 mi journey by  carriers. taken  gopro  a day or two to swing around, same location, if other would been fast, that I was told, maybe shipped where camera was instock, the whole turn around wasa good 0 days for me versus the three weeks.  And do I use my  Warranty because the camera reflects issues?    Not picking on you but the Body looks awesome, is as expected, and can quite understand    a robot can not screw up but Human error.

Please do not take things to heart on-line here   I hope the camera you get  next time will be a winner.  not a fan boy nor  a hater just like things to win me over and that takes a lot to win me over today Lol (not at you)

oneday I can say WOW not today

Nomad

@fishycomics wrote:

a robot can not screw up but Human error

True. That's why I listened to an expert when it comes to manufacturing processes of housings like this. He told me the story of too moisty granule. Using that in injection molding machines will have the effect that the material will look like somebody used sand paper in order to polish the item afterwards. That's the exact way some batches of the camera seem to look like.

To make a long story short: You're right. It's an obvious human error using too moisty granule during the manufacturing process.

Highlighted
Adventurer

totally agree not debating.   I personally feel today the Earth goes Greener, and things do change and not for the best.  GoPro  needs not to step their Game up  and not worry what a drone company is going to do out their, it is more  two friends  competing DJI and GoPro.

You want a dji go for it- oops sorry    you want a better body  not gonna happen today but a frame solves it. guess gopro gave us frames for protection and well on the hero 8 is more out of pocket expenses not for me.

great to hear what you said

FISH

Hiker

[ Edited ]
Fishy, any chance you can do a little proofreading with focus on grammar, punctuation and spelling before you post? It’s really frustrating trying to decipher your posts.

Back on topic. I’m looking forward to getting mine in the mail tomorrow so I can compare to the pictures posted here. I still feel like the lighting and quality of photos are the only thing that likely differs between them. I personally have no issue with GoPro changing the material, look, and manufacturing process...especially if it’s for a good reason like improved structural integrity. Just because they’ve done it one way for years doesn’t mean it should stay that way
Adventurer

@cierrecart wrote:
Fishy, any chance you can do a little proofreading with focus on grammar, punctuation and spelling before you post? It’s really frustrating trying to decipher your posts.

Yes I shall try  I have isues hitting the keyboard hard. I got to correct isues to issues.  (wink)   

Nomad

@cierrecart wrote:
I’m looking forward to getting mine in the mail tomorrow so I can compare to the pictures posted here.

Would you mind uploading 1-2 pictures in here tomorrow? That would be very nice. Thanks in advance.

Hiker

I was planning on it.  :thumbsup: