Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: HOPE that you never have to return your camera

Did you document any of this wit ha smartphone camera, and  show the forum staff or  have them pass it to  their  CSA (customer service agents)?  be   a shocker when they   respond back not what we sent or how did we make that mistake... refurbished products must be marked  refurb.

Highlighted
Tourist

I did take photos showing the physical condition of the replacement cameras (and the recording defect of the first replacement camera), that I recieved, and emailed them to GoPro support for each case I had to open.  @jefft replied to my community post and asked for the case numbers to pass onto the agents so they could look into this further.  It has been over a week now and I haven't heard back.  Honestly, I am not expecting to hear back from them.  This was the last opportunity for them to make this right and, just as they handled the previous cases, they proved that they really don't care.  Why would they, they already have my money. 

Funny enough, my sister called a few days ago and asked if I would like the Hero 6 Black this year as a Christmas gift.  She actually got me the Hero 5 Black, that I've been having the issues with, last year and wanted to upgrade me to the newest model, as well as get one for my brother and father.  I told her about this experience and that I didn't want another GoPro device. 

I know that the losing the sales of three cameras won't matter to GoPro, but I am done with their devices.  Like I said, this was their last opportunity to make this situation right and they didn't.  Time to look at alternatives.  They might make a superior product, but their customers service is horrible. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

I hear ya.    sad you had to go through the troubles,    see what happens down the road....

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm actually surprised you were able to talk to someone in customer support once let alone three times. For good year now customer support has been non-existent and chat support is even worse. I have had nothing but trouble with both my Hero 5's and am so disappointed in GoPro and their products as of late. I have owned every generation of GoPro from their inception and been super happy with them right up until the 5 when they fail to work with the Iphone 6 APP and both of them continuously freeze up and I have to pull the batteries out. My final straw is the software blocking you from using aftermarket batteries. It pisses me off that they would spend their time creating software making their overpriced batteries proprietary instead of fixing the software issues plaguing the Hero 5 and 6. Between my two Hero 5's and the accessories I have well over $1100 bucks into these things. I too am done with GoPro, I just bought a Sony RX0 that works like a dream and takes the best video I have ever seen. RX0 is a bit on the pricey side but you can't beat the quality. As a landscape photographer and new to vlogging, I need something I don't have to **bleep** around with for twenty minutes to take a five minute video with. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@foggydusk25214 , thanks for the reply.  Sounds like you've been down the "customer support" road before as well.  From other posts I've read, it seems like the general consensus is that GoPro support is horrible.  I was sure my experience wasn't an isolated case.  It's a pitty, though, as it seems like it would be easy enough to improve and would ultimately result in GoPro retaining customers. 

The situation with the proprietary battery enforcement is ridiculous.  I understand that the goal of any business is to make money, but they are really sticking it to their customers if their focus is on developing a method to restrict aftermarket batteries instead of fixing well known issues with their software and devices.

Thanks for pointing out the Sony RX0.  I am definitely going to check that out.