Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

HI ,There , Is there a way to turn on GPH8B and have live video on my phone when the cam is at home

Is there a way to turn on GPH8B and have live video on my phone when the cam is at home and I am not !

I have got it for a week , but didn't find anything in the manual or youtube !

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HI ,There , Is there a way to turn on GPH8B and have live video on my phone when the cam is a...

Hello @makavelly. As Fishy stated it may be possible to turn the camera on but to have the camera stream live recording to the phone, perhaps via GoPro App may not be feasible. This is because for the live stream to be set up, the GoPro app has to be navigated manually. Take a look at how the live streaming feature is worked out through this article

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: HI ,There , Is there a way to turn on GPH8B and have live video on my phone when the cam is at h

got me thinking.

so if I had voicecommand on, wake on.  and I got   say   Alexia ifshe can turn on a device like a webcam, speaker etc. make my voice heard. then you got the answer, yes. otehrwise directly, no.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HI ,There , Is there a way to turn on GPH8B and have live video on my phone when the cam is a...

Hello @makavelly. As Fishy stated it may be possible to turn the camera on but to have the camera stream live recording to the phone, perhaps via GoPro App may not be feasible. This is because for the live stream to be set up, the GoPro app has to be navigated manually. Take a look at how the live streaming feature is worked out through this article

Highlighted
Adventurer

Livestream requires 1K or more hotspot,  and  minimal subs  via a home router:

to record video remotly like said you can trigger it   with remote audio.  so if I wanted to  trigger my camera to go on at 2PM

I set up an audo device to a timer and gopro plugged into a  outlet for power and use wake on.  the timer  turns the voice device on. says hte key words done. now if I want it to stop I have t oagain get a second  device to do that.

or

If iwant to do this via IP  devices  at any  given time like said  a security camera with audio talk. to do livestream  does a gopro have the schedule feature,  Think not.

Highlighted
Tourist

so , there is no way to be connected to my home wifi  and use it like ordinary Home IP Camera or connect v/a cabble to my PC  and use it trought software  to wach it on my phone ?!?!

Excuse me ,I am not very IT person :(

Highlighted
Adventurer

it is an Action camera not a IP security camera.

1 you can if you leave your  Tablet hooked up to the camera and on Livestream, and view it anywhere in the World. but once it drops off that is it.  You do not have to be tech savy for that.

that you can do.   Hope that answers  what you are after