Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HEro 4 silver Freezing issue

[ New ]
Hi,
My hero 4 silver edition, doesnt work, it starts, i can access the menus, but 10/15 seconds later it freezes the screen and the menus. I have To pull out the battery for restart it, and the issue start all over again when i power on the camera

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HEro 4 silver Freezing issue

[ New ]

Hello @redrange2153. If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. Do this even if the camera may already be running with the latest firmware. This will help ensure that any error associated with the current installation is cleared out. If you are already using a recommended SD card, be sure to format it .

For reference on complete troubleshooting, see Camera Freezes Up . Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @redrange2153. If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. Do this even if the camera may already be running with the latest firmware. This will help ensure that any error associated with the current installation is cleared out. If you are already using a recommended SD card, be sure to format it .

For reference on complete troubleshooting, see Camera Freezes Up . Let us know how it goes. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

hello, and thank you for your help.

i've tryed to do the update manually, but it didnt work. 

The camera has a "BUSY" message in the front led. 

I've tried to update it by goproQuik in the PC, and it didnt work too.

thank u for your help

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for trying @redrange2153

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Reagrds,

Ej