Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HEVC to mp4

[ New ]
Hero7 black. I’ve got a few videos still on the phone that are stored in HEVC. Windows media player can’t recognize the format, so I can’t play them. How can I convert the files to something Windows recognizes, like mp4? Either on the camera now (preferred), or after downloaded to the pc. How an I keep the camera from storing as HEVC?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HEVC to mp4

[ New ]

Hello, @airtids. You can convert the videos using Handbrake. See How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake for details. 

You may also download the HEVC Video Extensions from the Microsoft store so your computer meets the HEVC requirements. These typically are provided by your computer manufacturer, please contact them to redeem or download the HEVC Video Extensions otherwise you can purchase it from Microsoft Store directly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: HEVC to mp4

[ New ]

Hello, @airtids. You can convert the videos using Handbrake. See How to Convert GoPro HEVC Videos to H.264 Using HandBrake for details. 

You may also download the HEVC Video Extensions from the Microsoft store so your computer meets the HEVC requirements. These typically are provided by your computer manufacturer, please contact them to redeem or download the HEVC Video Extensions otherwise you can purchase it from Microsoft Store directly.