Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

HERO9 - blackscreen + voice control issues on V1.5

[ New ]

Hello,

questions to HERO9 owners. I have ulready updated hero 9 for last FW. Regarding voice control: working proper only for 2 commands start and stop recording.

Today, I have first time two times black screen. I´m using SD card from the GoPro bungle.

Have somebody same issues?

Tourist

Re: HERO9 - blackscreen + voice control issues on V1.5

[ New ]
And my cakera is so confused. After power on camera start recording for example.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hoje o visor principal minha hero9 parou de funcionar.
Fui ligar e não estava funcionando mais.
Atualizei, tirei a bateria, tirei o cartão, conectei no celular e nada!
GoPro

[ New ]

@oration, be sure to speak to the camera slowly and deliberately. Use the correct voice commands as indicated here: What Are the Voice Control Commands?

As for the camera recording when you power it on, this can happen if the QuikCapture is enabled and you power on the camera using the Shutter button at the top. To normally turn on your GoPro, press the MODE button on the side of the camera. For further details, see What is QuikCapture & How Does it Work?

As for the black screen issue, does this happen right after you power on your GoPro (using the Mode button)? Are you referring to the front or back screen?

GoPro

[ New ]

@marinhoj171, does this happen right after you power on your GoPro (using the Mode button)?

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation.Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, 

I reinstall FW manually and it helps little bit with voice control. Blackscreen does not occure anymore. I will monitor behavior of camera. And yes, I pressed quickcapture and black screen ocurred, but the video was not stored.