Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: HERO9 Recording in Looping Mode 4k every chapter has a gray band across the top of the 11th fram

[ New ]

Thanks, @joshuab64436

I did another test and still not able to replicate this.

Were you able to try a manual update?

Once the update is done, try to do a test recording and see if the same is observed.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: HERO9 Recording in Looping Mode 4k every chapter has a gray band across the top of the 11th fram

[ New ]

Yes I tried that originally. (manual update)

And just to make sure, you are recording for the entire loop duration (5 min, generate 5 x 1 min clips)
The first clip of the series doesn't have the anomoly, only the remaining 4 clips.

Were you able to examine the files I sent?

And as I mentioned, I do have another Hero 9 ordered, just waiting for shipping update, and when it arrives I'll do another test. If it doesn't have the same issue, then it has to be a problem with the camera itself. I should know by next week, if not end of this week.

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes, I was able to catch the gray bar on the sample file @joshuab64436

I have recorded for 5 minutes using the same settings listed above.

Let us know how it goes with the other camera.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It may be a while before I can test. Apparently my order is in limbo. It's been "shipped" but "processing" all week. I managed to get the tracking number before the order status part of the website quit working, and UPS says they are waiting for the package.

I talked with chat support (She was very nice, positive she has done all she can, very grateful for her help), and she contacted the warehouse team, and "the warehouse team already forwarded it to the courier and they are waiting for the update"

So please don't close this ticket, just wanted to let you know that it may be a bit before I can test with my 2nd camera.

Thanks.

Hiker

[ New ]

I got the new camera in, installed the update, and setup the camera to record using the same settings.

I get the exact same anomoly on all my chapter files, a grey bar across the top.

I'm using the brand new SD Card that came with the camera.

This has to be a software bug for two seperate camera's using two completely different SD Cards to get the same exact issue.

Resolution: 4k

Frames per Second: 30

Lens: Wide

Interval: 5 minutes

Hypersmooth: On

Schedule Capture: Off

Photo Timer: Timer Off

On Screen Shortcuts:

Lower Left: Lens

Lower Right: Zoom

Upper Left: Interval

Upper Right: Hypersmooth Boost (this is turned off during recording)

Camera Setup:

Voice Control Enable: On

Voice Control Language: English-US

Wake On Voice: On

Beeps: Medium

LED Blink: All On

Quick Capture: On

Default Preset: Last Used Video

Auto Off: 15 Min

Screen Saver Rear: 2 Min

Screen Saver Front: Match Rear Screen

Front LCD Mode: Status Only

Auto Lock: Off

LCD Brightness: 80%

Landscape Lock: All

GPS: Off

Language: English

Anti-Flicker: 60hz

Video Compression: H.264 + HVEC

Show Max Lens Shortcut: On

Max Lens Mod Enabled: Off

Version: HD9.01.01.22.00

Locate Camera: Off

Hiker

[ New ]

"I get the exact same anomoly on all my chapter files, a grey bar across the top." (on the 10th - 11th frame)

I can provide example files on request.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update. @joshuab64436

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

Please have a case open to have this checked further.

You may refer them to this thread for the details of the issue.

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I contacted support and filed a ticket.

But I also asked for public input on reddit and it appears I'm not the only one. Posting this for reference.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/jn29gz/hero_9_need_someone_to_test_something/?utm_source=sha...