Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

HERO9 Digital Lens 2.7K/120fps - Superview???

On the Tech Spec page for the HERO9 the widest Digital Lens for 2.7K resolution at 120fps is Wide.

However, in the HERO9 Manual, it shows Superview being available at 2.7K/120fps.

Since Max Superview is only available (with Mod) up to 2.7K/60fps, I'm wondering which source of info is incorrect. Or, is it that future firmware is planned that will unlock 2.7K/120fps with Superview, but at time of release, Wide is the widest fov?

While I understand that 5K & 4K are the expected most popular recording resolutions (followed by 1080p for HD recording with smaller file size), 2.7K is by far my personal most used resolution, and having Superview at 120fps in 2.7K will be a game changer for those who want to do things like mount the camera on a surfboard facing the surfer.

I know this is a member to member forum, but some insight from GoPro staff is appreciated vs having to clog up the Support chat.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: HERO9 Digital Lens 2.7K/120fps - Superview???

Good point, I'll carry out a test on mine and let you know about the superview options.

Highlighted
GoPro

@daringwate033, we've shared the details with the team. I'll keep you posted as soon as new information is available. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

2.7K/120fps Superview is still showing in the compare cameras. Typo or something that will come in an update. It's the main feature I wanted with the HERO9.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @daringwate033. The team has been informed about it. Thank you for the feedback.