Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: HERO8 audio not in sync using internal mics

I used the same setting and I still didn't experience any lag.
Unfortunately, I found a more serious issue yeaterday when putting my Hero 8 to seroius work for the first time. I used it as part of a video shoot on a live stage. I make promo videos for local bands and I normally use a GoPro as a "drum cam". After sitting powered up and idling for 30 minutes, the Hero 8 quickly overheated and shut down after 35 seconds of recording. No drum cam footage. In comparison, my old Hero 2 could record for 45 minutes straight before over heating, no matter how long it sat idle. And yes, in each case, the cams are externally powered from a larger 5 volt lithium battery for extended run time.

Highlighted
Tourist

And I hoped they solved this with the Hero 8. 😒 That means another problem stayed. I never came across this overheating problem(shutdow ), but my GP7 Black gets hot even when filming outside at almost 0 Celsium. Maybe I would try “slower” charger to reduce heat? I dont know min amps that GoPro needs to operate.
Highlighted
Hiker

The Hero 8 Black seems to overheat even while running on it's own battery.
I did some tests, measuring the camera's temperature after idling for 30 minutes. Whether it's on external power or on battery, the camera housing gets up to 38°C in less than 25 minutes. When recording, the front of the camera will reach 45°C in 15 minutes. I'm sure the internals get much warmer than that.
These cameras were designed for outdoor action where there is more airflow. Indoors, on a stage, they just sit and cook.
Ironically, the instructions for the Hero 8 suggest that looping mode can be useful for using the camera as a dashcam. Yeah... I'd like to see how well that would work on a hot day.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have set my 8 up for my motorcycle with an external mic. I have done the manual update and I have the lag as well 1080/60fps/wide.