Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO8 - Can’t Connect to WiFi

I’ve updated the GoPro, reset it, removed the app, selected “forget the network” in my phones settings, etc. but nothing I can do allows me to connect to my GoPro via WiFi so I can update it.

Brand new and was looking forward to using this, but frustrating that I already have issues....
Hiker

Re: HERO8 - Can’t Connect to WiFi

let me try on my end. But how do you open the side door of the camera?

GoPro

@at06, sorry to hear about the trouble updating your camera through the GoPro App. Please follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

@dirtbiker5, check out this article for the step-by-step instructions on how to open the side door.

Sightseer

Brand new or ess sippors to brand new. Somebody went true the setting menus already as the camera just turned in. Having a really hard time opening the side. Have to carefully use a tool to push it. The app I finding the camera but at the last step when trying to connect to the hero 8s WiFi I get failure
Tourist

Same here. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 10, and is impossible connect to GoPro.

The only way I found is change the Wi-Fi band to 2.4GHz. In that way the connection is possible but no all times. 

Sightseer

Figured out a solution. Reset the wireless settings on the GoPro, then go to your settings in iPhone and select "reset network settings". The phone will reboot then for me everything was fixed and it connected to the GoPro straight away. 

Tourist

Are you connected in Wi-Fi band 5GHz?
Hiker

Betreff: HERO8 - Can’t Connect to WiFi

I have the same problem with my gopro max. i think it ist de firmware because the first firmware connectedt to my iphone 11 pro! The support from gopro is in the moment an disaster!!!