Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

HERO8 BLACK 4k60 without slomo not available

Hi,

I have HERO8 Black and can not set 4k60 without SloMo. It not depends about wide, linear or superwiev. When I set 4k60 it always icon "snail" is active (blue). When I switch off SloMo, resolution is set to 4k30. I have latest FW (1.50) and I think that this problem is appear after this update. There is any limitation for this resolution ?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: HERO8 BLACK 4k60 without slomo not available

That is very odd, however shooting at 60K would mean you're shooting at a higher frame rate which the camera may think you want slowmo.  Have you tried re-uploading the firmware on your camera to see if this solves the issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

After manual update is no result. Identical situation.

Is this normal, that SLoMo is on 4k60 ? (Antiflicker is 60Hz).

IMG_20200101_211713.jpg
Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Adventurer

if you are on 4K (Aspect ratio 4:3) you will not have 60fps, so that in the photo you have Aspect ration 16:9,  and 4K60FPS, that is slow motion but not a real slow motion.   I show  the Slow motion settings 2K7@120 or 1080P at 240f,   what you are saying you can not get 60fps at all .  double check if hte Aspect ratio is correctly  chosen.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Slow motion is a function of playback - when recording you are recording a high framerate. The Blue snail means that the footage will be in what the camera considers suitable for slow motion playback.  On playback it will play back at normal speed unless you turn slowmo on (in camera playback) or adjust the speed in your video editor of choice.

Highlighted
Tourist

I think this is normal, that "Slo-mo" appear switch on on the screen. It can be changed in preferences (On screen shortcuts - it can be replaced by other important function). I just checked 4k60 (linear) and 4k30 (linear) and both are played in normal speed. You can check by yourself my recordings:

4K60L:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vc8ilg3hAQl0XEjONGq-0CdWG6kE2I_K

4K30L:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LQbRCNRvXROBORXF5H6tAaihsGWIDTG9

This is one of main streets in Poznan, Poland.

I am happy to understand this camera more Smiley Very Happy