Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

HERO7 Silver wont connect to computer

Been having problems with my Hero 7 Silver. It's only a month old and so far it has had several problems but mostly it seems to fix them by itself? Now it wont appear on any of my computers...

When you connect it to the PC, the screen on the GoPro changes to "usb connected" and it makes a noise on the PC like normal and it opens the Quik app on the PC but nothing else happens. 

I cant see it in connected devices, I cant see it in "My PC", I cant see it in the app and when looking at what the PC is doing, it's only supplying power to the relevant USB port not transferring. I thought it might be my PC so I tried it on 2 of my other PC's and all are doing the same thing...

When SD is plugged in to PC directly it opens the app and starts the import.

All PC's and drivers are updated, have tried multiple cables, have tried multiple SD cards and I restarted the PC's and GoPro several times to no avail.

All PC's are running Windows 10 home 1903. 2 of the PC's are gaming rigs so no problems with minimum requirements.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HERO7 Silver wont connect to computer

Hi @stouthill4626

Please make sure that your computer drivers are up to date.

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable"

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Drivers are all updated. Can't seem to find "find GoPro" in device manager...
Highlighted
GoPro

Were you able to try the steps shared on the link above? @stouthill4626

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej