Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

HERO7 Black update v1.90 - is it worth updating ?

Please write what has changed and whether it is worth updating soft.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: HERO7 Black update v1.90 - is it worth updating ?

[ Edited ]

Hy roberta1447.

i did the update to the new 1.90 firmware(from the latest one) and didn't notice nothing diferent.But i have still to do more tests,i've just recorded some small stuff.

With the previous firmware i only had a problem with the goPro,that sometimes on the middle of using it it diden't turn on,i had to pull the Battery off and then it would start to turn on normally again.I still have to see if that is resolved.

There is a little illuminating description on the release note of the new firmware...(as usualy isSmiley Sad) 1.90Bug fixes?

Highlighted
Hiker

Unfortunately the update didn't fix the 2 issues I have. 

1. It freezes the video, but the audio stays on.

2/. It just turns itself off for no reson.

My GoPro 7 is a piece of junk.

My GoPro 6 was no better, they swapped it 5 TIMES and still wouldn't work properly so when the 7 came out they gave that as an upgrade.

The same bloody issues as the 6.

Highlighted
Adventurer

I have yet to turn my camera on since  Friday.  I will return Friday which is a day away and say WOW the battery issues is fixed!

Highlighted
Nomad

@epiccliff7616 wrote:

Unfortunately the update didn't fix the 2 issues I have. 

1. It freezes the video, but the audio stays on.

2/. It just turns itself off for no reson.

My GoPro 7 is a piece of junk.

My GoPro 6 was no better, they swapped it 5 TIMES and still wouldn't work properly so when the 7 came out they gave that as an upgrade.

The same bloody issues as the 6.

For point 1, I had this problem when running 4K or 2.7K with image stabilisation when temperature was below 0C and mounted to my bike. In a post I left, I was told to turn off stabilisation or use 1080P when below 0C and had zero video freeze since then. Sucks that a 4K cam cannot do 4K when it's cold (or hot) but... that's where we are...

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Haven't used my Hero 7 Black since updating to firmware v1.90 but when I did the other day, froze on three seperate occasions requiring battery pulls. Was stable as all getout prior (never a freeze) so quite disappointed seeing this happening. So in my case their "General bug fixes" introduced a bug. Other than that haven't noticed anything else new.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just updated my HERO7 to v1.90 and it is DEAD! Camera can`t turn on and not reacting to anything! Tried restart, change battery, plug to computer - nope!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you everyone for bringing your concerns regarding v1.90 update on GoPro 7. I therefore device not to update my GoPro 7 software.

Thank you once and all. This helps in deciding!