Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

HERO7 Black recording like bad tube tv

Recent development after the new year. Prior to this video, no issues. I have changed SD cards and I am using the San disk extreme A2. Used two separate ones (one brand new out of the box) reformatted both to the camera with the same results.

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, please help!
Nomad

Re: HERO7 Black recording like bad tube tv

Fix what?  Other than the subject title "Black recording like bad tube tv"  you haven't actually said what the issue is, uploaded a photo or linked to any video to show the problem.

Can you not get a proper reception like a bad tube tv?

Are you getting static like a bad tube tv?

Is the screen looking curved and only 20 inches across like a bad tube tv?

Try sharing some details regarding the problem and then we can help.

Tourist

I tried to upload a short of the video, however it will not upload from my phone. And after all the SD card reformatting it erased my SD cards.

It’s like wavy static. Jumpy 10-15FPS video. Probably 240p pixilation
Highlighted
Nomad

You'll probably need to upload the video to Youtube and then post the link here for people to see it.

Wavy pictures would indicate a compression issue (hard to say without seeing the footage), this can be caused by a faulty or slow SD card.  Usually it means there's a read/write error.  However it may or may not be a camera issue, could also be the same said of whatever device you're playing it back on.

Jumpy 10-15FPS could be related to the above. 

240P pixilation?  That's just odd as your camera can't even record in that low a resolution.  Are you sure you weren't looking at the LRV files instead?

And yes, Formatting will delete all information from your SD card, that's why it's important to back up needed data before reformatting.

Hiker

irishman:

He thinks we are all like little leprechauns with mythical powers to know what his problems are so we can solve them for him while he has a round at the pub.... 

Hiker

reformatting your cards will do that wont it...  Geeze if you dont get that part god only knows what you may be doing wrong to be having issues on your video playback...  

Nomad

Few rounds at the pub and I'm seeing everything as wavy....   who's buying?

Tourist