08-18-2019 07:34 PM
08-19-2019 05:06 AM
Sorry to hear about the trouble with updating via GoPro app, @bartc30. A manual update would most certainly help. Please see below for instructions:
- Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
- Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.
Make sure that the camera is fully charged, and that the SD card is formatted. Remember to save all your files on the SD card to other devices first prior to the update. Let us know how it works out.
08-19-2019 04:00 PM
Thanks Mariustanya, but that option isn’t open to me as I’m away from home and only have access to IOS devices.
Perhaps IOS V13 might offer the option of a download and copy to an SD card but that’s not available at the moment.
Rather than dismiss the problem, I’d appreciate GoPro responding to two reasonable questions:
1) why doesn’t the non physical media (in this case using IOS) option work and
2) why, when the operations fails, no meaningful diagnostics are provided or options to reset, attend to the problem and retry the upgrade.
While the camera itself is very clever with its excellent stabilisation, it appears the software upgrade/release crew are letting the side down (apologies the them if the issue are further up the chain).
If the camera continues to freeze and become very hot, I’ll be forced to investigate the competition which seems to be catching up very quickly.
Looking forward to an appropriate solution which. I’m sure others will appreciate.