12-13-2017 09:41 AM
I just followed up with our Camera Team again and this is what was passed along.
"We changed the wording from 5% to 10% to more accurately reflect what is happening -- 5% crop on each side. We look forward to updating the online manual in the near future!"
12-13-2017 09:49 AM
@robert1326 Regarding whether 5% or 10% really matters. What matters to me is I paid for a finished product with 5% crop and EIS. Not for an unfinished product where EIS was so poor(ly tested, or released knowing it had issues) that crop had to be increased 2x. That’s all.
12-13-2017 09:58 AM - edited 12-13-2017 09:58 AM
@tomj53881.... I know the feeling.
still seems that the crop percentage remained unchanged... 10% or 5% on each side is the same...
after all the v01.60 did not address the EIS...hope in a next firmware release....
- Improves camera performance when recording in high frame rates of high resolution modes
- Fixes split screen defect in 2.7k60 Linear FOV and 4k30 Superview FOV
- Reduces image noise in high frame rate and high resolution modes
- Improves image quality in low light environments
- Adjusts color saturation to prevent over-saturation in certain conditions
- Fixes visual defects in 1080p240 during playback on iOS® and macOS® devices in certain conditions
- Reduces the time required for media to load on the camera and GoPro app
- Auto Low Light now works with Quikcapture
12-13-2017 10:30 AM
I love image stabilization on hero6 i don’t care if it’s 10% or 5% ... it’s better than any camera on the market.
I just wanted to be sure how much it crops:)