Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HERO6 Black v01.60

[ Edited ]

Because quite a few users doesnt have any problems with IS and they report amazing, almost karma grip experience.

That was my major reason to upgrade from 5.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey @admir365,

I haven’t done the manual update on mine, I’ll have to do it and test again, but my camera does it 1/5 time have the split screen issue, sometimes on the first go, sometime after stopping and starting a couple of times it happens again.

I’ve posted a video a few comments behind to show the issue... I’d love for you to try and replicate what I’m doing...

Settings are:

30fps
Super view
Protune on
Sharpness low
Wbalance natural
Stabilisation on
Voice activation on

Cheers dan
Highlighted
Hiker

yes...same thing here with this configuration...uffff

Highlighted
Tourist

Wit the frame jump on stabilisation, I think the problem is software stabilisations, when there is too much movement specially forward movement it can’t keep up...

The way software stabilisation works is by zooming the video a fraction and using points of reference in the image to keep the shot steady by moving the frame slightly... I think the GoPro 6 has also gyros inside that tell the camera what it’s doing, so it combines points of reference and gyro information to move the image around and adjust the footage.

However if you are moving too fast and the points of reference or the gyro are not being able to keep up with the processing speed of the camera you get the jumps, which is not the frame skipping but it’s the frame going back to center from where it was, to be ready for the next bit of information...

I guess a way to fix this issue via software is by returning the frame to center point a bit smoother, even if you lose some of the stabilisation for a fraction of a second...

I’m no expert so take all I’m saying with a big grain of salt, but I use a couple of plugins on adobe premiere: warp stabiliser and real steady, and they both work on a similar manner, and both struggle with my chest cam
Mountain bike shots in the same way...

Cheers
Highlighted
Nomad

Hi @sunnybeach211 :)

I just tested your settings and it works perfectly. No issues at all and no splitscreen aswell

Here is pic sample:

1511260083618101956215.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Cool I guess I’ll have to do some manual updates on mine and see if it fixed the problem... cheers dan
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

i've already done a manual update, nothing fixed in this configuration :(

sometime it work sometime it hang

Highlighted
Hiker

Update: i've done the manual update again right now...and no more hang or split screen (for now)...i will try again all the day to test this new FW as it need