Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: HERO6 Black Update! v02.01

[ New ]
Does the update significantly improve daytime shooting?

I am going skiing on sunday and want to get the best footage possible.

Currently 1.6 works great for me but sometimes a little grainy during darker shots.

Is it worth the risk of updating or doing it after?
Nomad

[ New ]

They have fixed the rotation jerks with the stabilisation. This was much needed as until this was fixed, footage was almost unusabe if used handheld. Now it has a more natural feel to the rotataional movements. the other axis are the same as before. Looks to be exactly what was required.

They have also fixed the One button recording audio issue when using the external adapter.

They havent fixed data ability via the audio adapter (at least on the MAC), you have to remove the adapter and use the normal port.

Tourist

[ New ]

in low light hand held footage is complete trash for my camera at least.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Low light is greatly improved, but seems like I cannot enable auto low light mode. I tried every resolution/fps combination. It just says low light is not supported in 240/30.. even though I record in 60fps.
Tourist

[ New ]

Do you have Portune turned on, if you switch it off low light mode will turn on.

Tourist

[ New ]

The all around picture is improved, and the low light is much better, but man...the stailization is unusable. absolutely awful. I tested this in an extremely well lit environment outside and its terrible..

Nomad

[ New ]
Sounds like I shouldn't update until after my ski trip then. I want silky smooth footage. If the stabilisation is ruined then the update is useless to me.. :/
Tourist

[ New ]

I wouldnt update. I'm really wishing I didnt. The stabiliization is pretty unusable on this firmware.