Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: HERO6 Black Update! v02.01

@daemn42

Yeah that sounds likely. How great would it be if gopro could actually like you know, go into a little detail about these things. Tired of being left to speculate on these things.
Nomad

Well People I was running a couple of TEST with the New Firmware and let me tell you is SUCKS "In Low Light with 4K 60fps the footage looks is the worst and ugly thing I have ever seen my iphone X looks 200% better I haven't try it yet on day light outdoor maybe look better. I need someone try same test to see if experience the same issue.

P.S One more thing the Blue Color Cast is driving me crazy... Not even my DSLR Camera with interchangeble lens the video is noiseless and super detail.  

COME ON GOPRO don't just code the Firmware in a hurry, just to CALM the croud down IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WELL.  

Tourist

Must be a plot to get eveyone to dump the GP6 and buy the next model.......starting to look like leave the camera on v01.6

Explorer

Why would you use 60fps in low light?
Hiker

Ya, the only thing the camera can do at 60fps in low light, is crank the ISO up which will increase visible noise. 

Try turning on Protune, limit max ISO to 1600, and film at 4K@30fps or even 24fps. 

Tourist

Eine einfache Frage:

Laden die Gopro-Akkus von Amperex jetzt, mit der neuen Software, bis 100% und schaltet sich die rote LED nach dem Aufladen des Akkus jetzt immer aus? 

Nach vielen Austauschen funktioniert dies bei mir nämlich immer noch nicht. Kamera 5x getauscht, 6 Akkus vorhanden, keiner hat bisher bis 100% geladen. Ich habe gehört, dass die Samsung Akkus korrekt aufladen. Nur sind diese zu **bleep**, so dass sich im warmen Zustand die kleine Lasche zum Herausziehen löst. Also bleibe ich bei den Amperex Akkus. Ich erwarte allerdings von GoPro, dass auch diese Akkus auch korrekt geladen werden, denn sie werden von GoPro als Originalteile vertrieben...!

Nomad

Because I’m testing the NEW so call Firmware V2.01 and to see how far I can push the hero6 to use slow Motion in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 and it’s supported the 4K 60fps the footage was smooth after transfer over in Post

Production was very ugly its show everything the color blue cast and the noises all over I use ISO 800 Protune was ON the last firmware before this one was way better I think I have to roll back into the old version.

Explorer

It's not so called firmware, it is firmware. Whether you like it or not does not change what it is.  Using 60fps in low light doesn't really tell you anything other than it's not a good idea, which will always be true considering the small sensor and the restriction higher fps puts on the shutter.  Knowing the appropriate settings for the given environment is a must for getting the best results. 

A fps of 24 or 30 allows the shutter to stay open for 1/24th or 1/30th of a second per frame.  Using 60 fps cuts the exposure time in half to 1/60th of a second forcing the camera to use higher ISO.  The higher the ISO, the worse the picture will look. Additionally, the faster shutter, and therefore shorter exposure time, reduces the amount of information to the camera and the amount of time it has to make proper adjustments.  Less information and less time to process it will generally result in less than optimal quality. 

You can give the best camera in the world to someone who doesn't understand how to use it and get terrible results. Likewise, I'm sure if you gave the best photographer in the world a sub par camera they could come out with fantastic results. Sometimes it's not so much the camera as it is the user that determines how good the results are.