Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: HERO6 Black Update! v02.01

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:

1. Never update (You wont have Karma compatibility, HDR single photos, power on voice command, or support for the GoPro Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter)

sorry if i read it wrong, are you saying you can't use a Hero 6 on Karma with v2.01? I don't use Karma very often so can't remember if i tried it with the latest software

Tourist

[ New ]

Yea dropbox it if possible. Much appreciated.

Explorer

[ New ]
No, option 1 is to never update the camera and keep it on the stock firmware. The first edition cameras did not come with Karma compatibility until you ran the update (which was released the same day the Hero6 came out).
Explorer

[ New ]
Just FYI: Links to firmware/software not presently being provided by GoPro will get removed by the mods.

It's not with debating the merits of it, just know that it will happen.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Just a quick video I did on v2.01 with HERO 6. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FJ3EP-JjA

Not too bad for the stabilization.

Done some testing on a new HERO 6 with it's latest firmware v2.01.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

are there any information about upcoming firmware releases? I found info of Hero 7 release and I'm worrying that Hero 6 will be passed by gopro, like Hero 5 after releasing the 6.

Nomad

[ New ]
GoPro have only released around 3 or 4 updates for the Hero6. It was poorly supported, issues weren't fixed, and to be honest it looks lile they're trying to sweep it under the rug.
Tourist

[ New ]

Horrible attitude I can say.

So how could I trust in gopro to buy a newer cam (again and again) after the poor support of Hero 5 and Hero 6?