02-27-2018 01:55 PM
Make sure to update your HERO6 Black as a new update is available!
HERO6 Black v02.01 | February 27, 2018
- Enhanced low light performance
- Fixed frame corruption bug in 1080p120 videos
- Reduced purple/blue fringing in videos
- Video Stabilization improvements:
- Enhanced performance to look more natural
- Upgraded auto exposure to reduce blur in medium and lowlight shots
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) improvements:
- Reduced color distortion
- Automatically turns off HDR in lowlight conditions to prevent noise
- Automatically turns off HDR to prevent blur if there’s too much movement in the shot
- General bug fixes
02-27-2018 11:22 PM
well all I can say at this point from testing it in my basement with artificial low light is that the grainy noise has been significantly reduced, but yeah it almost seems like the image stablization is not working or something. Then again i've only minimally tested it, could be something to do with the low light.
02-27-2018 11:54 PM
From the reactions it seems that the stabilisation has been reduced which would be a massive bummer when it's one of the highlight features of this camera.
The stabilisation needs to perform as it did during the day but automatically reduce in low light (to stop the jello effect).
Can anyone confirm how it perform in bright daylight with the newest update?