Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: bright light stabilization problem

[ New ]

Try this setting on your Mac trust me.

Nomad

Re: bright light stabilization problem

[ New ]

Tourist

Re: HERO6 Black Update! v02.01

[ New ]

There has never been such a bad stabilization in hero 6. Not tested? Back to 1.6! The low light really is better, the stabilization is zero at normal light. The new update is one step forward in four steps back. Where can I download the 1.6 update? URL? And 2x was freezing with the new update Sandisck Extreme Pro card. This card has not frozen so far. Hope the next fix is ​​not 3-4 months, up to 1 week. I am a photographer if Canon and Nikon release a new upgrade, it is always better for the camera, there is no backing and no compromise. It's always better. Something is always worse here. Smiley Sad
Why ?!  Sorry google translator. : Smileyhappy:

Nomad

[ New ]
Angyala61144,

You have literally not explained once why it is bad or unstable.

We need to know specifics. If you're saying it doesn't stabilise at all then that's not true based on the videos people have posted.

Is it jerky?
Is it less stabilised?

Give us specifics or your comments are completely pointless.
Nomad

[ New ]

"The low light really is better, the stabilization is zero at normal light."

Well, only in 4K60. Stabilization in 1080-mode seems pretty nice to me.

Tourist

[ New ]
1080p is also bad, I do not seem to stabilize. 1.6 worked well. I have no more time to test because I'm going to work.

https://youtu.be/y2OdJta4_5U

https://youtu.be/-muz3D53w_M

Explorer

[ New ]

@angyala61144

You filmed in low light and uploaded very short clips.  The 4K looks alright.  The 1080 seems to have it's issues due to the low light but seems to correct itself right as you focus out the window.  Stabilization has never been good on the Hero6 in low light and generally shouldn't be used in those situations.

Tourist

[ New ]

Smiley LOL  In my opinion, that's far from normal light for such a tiny sensor inside an ACTION camera.