Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: HERO6 Black Update! v02.01

[ Edited ]

@ryanv12566 Is there a way to reach the GoPro staff directly? I'm trying to use the GoPro as a 24/7 outdoor beach camera. But am failing miserably. 

Nomad

Can anyone report back yet on the stabilisation in the new update? Is it still as good as it was? Or is it more similar to the Hero5 now?
Highlighted
Hiker

Low light performance going from 1.60 to 2.01 seems to be a pretty big improvement actually when I compare now. That's great. 

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Regarding the web page saying 1.51. Yeah it's a typo. 2.01 is what will be pushed to the device. How hard can it be to get that right though...

Explorer

@sweetsand11036
You can reach the GoPro Support Team through the Contact Us tab.

That being said, I don't think these cameras are meant to be used as a 24/7 cam. You'll most likely run into overheating issues and running power to the camera will eliminate the waterproofing. If you put the camera in a waterproof housing and manage to run power to it, then you will have a processor encased in a waterproof camera within a waterproof housing. The heat generated and then trapped will most likely cause the camera to shut down.

There are cameras designed for what you want. Your best route isn't going to be trying to make an action camera function in a way that it wasn't designed. Throw it on a chest mount and run around and have fun on the beach and in the water. That is what this camera is designed for.
Tourist

Seeing this with my hero 6 after update

before update device default mode is looping set for 5 min

after update default mode is set to looping set for MAX change it to 5 min then turn off device its back to MAX.

Was on chat for 2 hrs with them no fix.

Nomad

[ Edited ]

Stabilization seems ok to me. Gimal like. I mostly use the Grip.

Shot with 2.01 firmware, linear mode, wrist strap mount.

https://youtu.be/EnErRFTm09w

Hiker

Ok, that looks a lot better than what I was getting while testing at home last night, so I guess it's reducing or eliminating stabilization in lower light conditions to avoid the weird motion blur effect that causes. 

It better adjust on the fly though.   Not uncommon to start recording in a low light situation (indoors to outdoors, or just with lens obstructed) to outdoors).