Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
The new version of Quik for Desktop is out... and Karma is now available in Europe!
Cameras
Hiker

HERO5 Black update v01.55

Highlights: Includes bug fixes and usability improvements

Sightseer

Re: HERO5 Black update v01.55

Also removes all third party battery support. Please note this if you have bought third party batteries.

Tourist

Why would Gopro do that? Disappointing!
Sightseer

Well I wont be updating then if I cant use my other batteries.

A shame but Maybe time to look at an alternative.

Tourist

Disapointing? THATS GARBAGE!!!!!! Plain ridiculous...

Hiker

This is what was missing, banning the use of third party batteries. I'm not ripped off again, last camera I bought. **bleep** GoPro
Hiker

Instead of using the time to add useful functions, GoPro uses in time in the opposite. They deserve to go broke
Tourist

Bad move. The competition have been catching up and there are now better products for some situations. Battery life is woefully short and for many, removing third party battery support will tip the balance towards a competitor. And the damage done to brand loyalty for customers who have spent money on batteries which now will not work should not be underestimated. Before someone says that it's to prevent damage to the camera which 3rd party batteries might cause, they might want to add a feature to reduce risk of damage by discouraging users from jumping out of planes, off mountains, going underwater or traveling at high speeds!