Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

HERO5 Black is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

[ Edited ]

I have GoPro HERO5 Black.

It worked ok 2 days with my computer. Then on the 3rd day computer can not find videos anymore.

I find out the solution: I lauched the troubleshooter on Devices and Printers in Control panel on Windows... And it was solved. I can again find the videos by using Quik.

But on the next morning the same problem came out again. And when I now run troubleshooter, it says: "Hero Black is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0". The same error message come from all usb-ports from my home computer and from my work computer. And it has worked with my work computer earlier ok (same GoPro, same wire and same computer with same USB, no updates to Windows 10 nor GoPro).

Where could be the problem?Hero Black is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0.PNG 

GoPro no files to import.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HERO5 Black is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Hi @jarik453,

I also faced the same issue for my GoPro hero 5 black.

I am currently using 2 laptop,

1. HP Elitebook ( Windows 7 OS) 

2. MSI GL62M 7REX ( Windowss 10 OS)

On first laptop my cam get detected perfectly without any issue but on my 2nd laptop i tried my cam in all provided USB Slots but it was not even getting detected. When i troubleshoot the same then i got below error.

Er1.png

Solution : ( Which worked in my case.Hope it should also work for you :-) )

1. Go to Device manager.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller. there you should find XXX USB 2.0 Card Reader ( here in my case it is Realtek USB 2.0 Card reader)

Er2.png

3. Right click on that and select update driver.

4. Select search automatically for updated driver software. thereafter driver will get updated and you will be able to see the Hero5 Black device on your system.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: I have GoPro hero 5 black. It worked ok two days with my computer. On the 3rd day Quik did no...

@jarik453 - I don't know that I've seen a Quik screen that looks quite like that. Typically, Quik would recognize the camera model and put that name there (HERO5 Black) and not just a generic "Camera". Can you give a little more detail about how you are connecting the camera to the computer? Are you using the GoPro cable? Are you connecting directly to the computer, or are you using a USB hub?

If you use an SD card adapter to read directly from the card, does Quik recognize the files?

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: I have GoPro hero 5 black. It worked ok two days with my computer. On the 3rd day Quik did no...

I have the exact same screen and the exact same problem, I've tried on different computers and get the same quik screen and message

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Highlighted
Tourist

I have connected using gopro cable to usb of the computer. Same problem with 2 differend PC's and with MacBook Air. I can download videos using memory card reader, but when using GoPro, it looks like memory card is empty (and it is not).

I am using SanDisk Extreme PLUS memory card.

BR -jari-

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@jarik453 - Are you using Quik for Desktop to download the content, or trying to read from the camera itself using the SD card. If that's it, the GoPro won't read as a device in your File Manager. You'll need to import using Quik for Desktop.

Highlighted
Tourist

Jeff

I've been trying using the Quik desktop (latest version). I've also tried using the gopro studio manager and normal computer file managers and I've tried all this on two different computers (desktop & laptop) but I'm still having the same issues as others on this thread

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Not sure what's going on here. Our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs may be able to help.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: HERO5 Black is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

I had the same exact issue. I figured it wasn't an issue specific to GoPros, so I checked the general Microsoft forums. 

LINK TO SOLUTION ON MICROSOFT WEBSITE ---> USB Input Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

I followed Method #1 under Anish's answer and I can now access my files through both Quik desktop version and the general file manager. Hope this helps guys!