05-13-2018 04:39 AM
I also faced the same issue for my GoPro hero 5 black.
I am currently using 2 laptop,
1. HP Elitebook ( Windows 7 OS)
2. MSI GL62M 7REX ( Windowss 10 OS)
On first laptop my cam get detected perfectly without any issue but on my 2nd laptop i tried my cam in all provided USB Slots but it was not even getting detected. When i troubleshoot the same then i got below error.
Solution : ( Which worked in my case.Hope it should also work for you :-) )
1. Go to Device manager.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller. there you should find XXX USB 2.0 Card Reader ( here in my case it is Realtek USB 2.0 Card reader)
3. Right click on that and select update driver.
4. Select search automatically for updated driver software. thereafter driver will get updated and you will be able to see the Hero5 Black device on your system.