Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO3: White Not able to update

[ New ]

hey hi GOPro Team i need help i have a GOPro 3 white and i am trying to get the firmwer updated but i am not able to get it done the website is not helping me at all. 

As i try to download the updates form the website its asking to put the 15-Digit Serial Number but the problem is i have 14-Digit Serial Number. how am i suppost to update my GOPro 

need help  awating for your reply 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HERO3: White Not able to update

[ New ]

Hello @valenciod6969

If you have a HERO3 White camera, the serial number should start with HD3WA and should be 15 characters in total. If you only have a 14-character serial number, it is either that you do not have the complete number, or that your camera is not a HERO3 White one. This article details how to find the serial number for cameras. 

Once you find the correct serial number, visit this page: https://gopro.com/update

Once on the page, select the correct camera model, then choose "update your camera manually." It is very important to choose the correct camera model - choosing the incorrect one will render the serial number invalid on the succeeding pages. 

You will then be asked to put in the serial number and the email associated with your GoPro Account, tick appropriate boxes and click on Next Step to the manual update process. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: HERO3: White Not able to update

[ New ]

Hello @valenciod6969

If you have a HERO3 White camera, the serial number should start with HD3WA and should be 15 characters in total. If you only have a 14-character serial number, it is either that you do not have the complete number, or that your camera is not a HERO3 White one. This article details how to find the serial number for cameras. 

Once you find the correct serial number, visit this page: https://gopro.com/update

Once on the page, select the correct camera model, then choose "update your camera manually." It is very important to choose the correct camera model - choosing the incorrect one will render the serial number invalid on the succeeding pages. 

You will then be asked to put in the serial number and the email associated with your GoPro Account, tick appropriate boxes and click on Next Step to the manual update process. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius