Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HERO3+ Silver Not updating No need to install older update

You are very welcome. I am very happy to have saved someone else’s sanity'

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: HERO3+ Silver Not updating

I followed mozartsdog to a tee and my camera finally updated automatically. Even creating my own folder instead of dragging it. Thank you so much for the simple step by step. Its may 2018 my hero was gifted to me with no info on passwords. I bought some riteaid sandisk ad card and changed to the chrome browser on my laptop and those were all my puzzle pieces.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: HERO3+ Silver Not updating No need to install older update

thank you sooooooooo much!
bill from Orlando
Highlighted
Tourist

hi all, i still can't solve this same problem with my hero3 black. ive followed every steps from this site to update manually the firmwire from v3.0 to the latest. (lol, its my hero3 black's first update)

BTW, im using macbook pro to dl the update. not using card reader. i connected the sd card with my hero3 directly.

and it just wont update automatically when i restart the device....

thinking i may need to look for the older firmwire.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rapiddawn67601

Try using an SD card reader and have your SD card inserted to your computer instead of it being in the camera. Make sure that the SD card is formatted, then save only the extracted update files (not UPDATE folder) to the SD card. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Marius, it worked.

finally the updating progress done but it still show v03.00 when restart the camera.

So confused im not sure is it really updated. lol

Cheers.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @rapiddawn67601

The latest version for the HERO3 Black is HD3.03.03.00.

When the SD card was placed back to the camera did it prompt for the update? Did you see 1/2 and 2/2?

Was there any confirmation that the update was successful?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: HERO3+ Black Not updating No need to install older update

That was the fix!! Cheers Mate!

The missing part from GoPro Support is that the "UPDATE" folder needs creating on the SD card and with the content from download (new camera name and password) needs inserting to the new folder on SD card. It is the "UPDATE" folder on the SD card that prompts the GoPro to update... Briliant !!Smiley Very Happy