Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO3: Black Won't power on

I have a HERO3 black that I can't get to turn on.  I have tried all the suggestions I have found so far in terms of removing battery/SD card and restarting etc.  I have purchased 2 new batteries with no success.  The red light comes on when the usb cable is plugged in.  When the power button is pressed the red light in the back will light and then go out whnn the button is released.   The front light will not light when the usb cable is not connected and pressing any of the other buttons have no action.  All 3 batteries I have tried are fully charged.  The camera is probably about 2-3 years old but only used about 3 times.  It has been sitting unused for about 6 months.

i have already invested about $40 dollars in batteries / chargers / SD cards to try to get it running.

Any suggestions would help.

GoPro

Re: HERO3: Black Won't power on

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @daytonadoug. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can troubleshoot the issue with you. You may reach the team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .