Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

HERO10 Black v1.16 Released

[ New ]
Today we are releasing firmware v1.16 for HERO10 Black. If you had downloaded v1.15 and then had to revert to v1.10, please update to v1.16 and then perform a factory reset. This will help ensure a better experience with your GoPro.

How to perform a factory reset:
  1. With the camera idle and the rear display showing what the camera sees (this is called the idle screen), swipe down to access the dashboard.
  2. Swipe left to access [Connections and Preferences].
  3. Tap [Preferences].
  4. Scroll to the end of the menu options and tap [Reset].
  5. Scroll to the end of the menu options and tap [Factory Reset].
  6. Tap [Reset] on the confirmation screen to reboot the camera.
  7. Complete the first-time camera setup.
Hiker

回复: HERO10 Black v1.16 Released

[ New ]

我更新1.16后,虽然没有1.15那样循环重启的BUG,但是发现从三脚架稳定模式到延长续航及最佳画质性能切换过程中时有些少死机不动甚至自动重启现象,还有延长续航模式无法设置视频参数并容易自动重启!请好好重视下!谢谢!

Hiker

[ New ]

支持Max镜头模式的固件什么时候发布?希望能支持4K吧!

Hiker

[ New ]

Il sensore è il medesimo della 9 non puoi far girare la camera a 360° in 4K

Tourist

Re: HERO10 Black v1.16 Released

[ New ]

Mine won't capture any footage or images. Just reboots everytime I press the shutter button. I've factory reset it, I've downgrade to v1.10, Go Pro Labs v1.10.70, and now v1.16. Nothing works. I've tested other SD cards. Still the same. Support call backs aren't helpful, and I've spent ~$700 dollars on a paperweight at this point. 

1 week of owning a Go Pro and this is my experience. Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Or should I simply log a return? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Please follow the factory reset steps AFTER updating to 1.16.

GoPro

[ New ]

@coetzeevs It sounds like you've tried a couple of things. We want to be a bit more precise. Have your camera updated to 1.16 and THEN do a factory reset to the camera. Let us know how it's going after that.

Nomad

[ New ]

@usmcdull  4K Max Lens Mod would need at least a 30MP sensor - there isn't enough spave on the 23MP sensor in the hero 10 to be able to rotate 360 degrees.

Tourist

[ New ]

@skenning thank you for the suggestion. I've taken your advice and tried again to factory reset after I've reinstalled the 1.16 firmware. The same behaviour persists.

I attempt to take a photo and the camera reboots. I attempt to record a video, and the camera reboots. In some (odd) cases the camera freezes and doesn't even reboot (at which point I need to do it manually).

Adventurer

[ New ]

Lets 100% make sure you are First   factory reset the camera Like JeffT told All.

you can create a TxT doc name it Factory_Reset. Place into the camera, it will RESET to Factory . then  load back in but it will not be available FW 1.10 , you will be forced to place on FW 1.16

Do all this while recording the camera and show  it to gopro here. it important is is documented.

Hiker

[ New ]

Gopro support, this is starting to get really pathetic with the update.

After I skipped ver. 1.15 and the fiasco you made to users, I just tried to download 1.16. after original 1.10.

After confirming the update I decided to download via Quick, it took him up to 20% exactly 15min ... after which he wrote (Firmware download failed) on the camera.
The flashing red light blinked all the time. On Quick, he was still downloading literally. The camera flashes red all the time and can only be turned off if the battery is ejected.

I checked and I'm still on Fw 1.10 and on it and it stays until you manage to make the update as it should.

I do not recommend running this new update if you already have a stable version.

It’s amazing that you allow this kind of amateur oversight on the equipment you offer.

Cheers.

Tourist

[ New ]

@fishycomics I did as you suggested and the same behaviour continues. I'd like to point out I've done this twice now (I only tried it now because you used Factory_Reset as the filename i.s.o. factory_reset as I used the first time).

You mentoined something about v1.10 after the reset, though I couldn't understand what you were trying to explain. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Update went well on two cameras. No problems at all, but I didn't try to install 1.15.

I find the shooting modes useless for me, though. Both restricted modes miss something I always use. Better use for dashboard space would be a button to turn on/off wifi and gps, as all the other settings can be chosen inside presets.

Thanks anyway and better luck with next update :)

Backpacker

[ New ]

The whole thing about creating a "Factory_Reset.txt" file is only needed if you're having extreme issues with your camera.  Otherwise simply using the camera menu to reset your camera works just fine.

I have created a video showing you how to update your camera using the app and using the menu buttons on your camera.  

Remember, make sure your camera battery is fully charged 1st.  Also make sure you are using a clean formatted SD card to avoid issues.  

After you install the firmware, you must THEN factory reset your GoPro to ensure there are no left over files or settings on your camera.

https://youtu.be/RbH2loTlNpk

So the latest version of the GoPro Hero 10 firmware was released today. People are still having a few issues, but in this video, I show you EXACTLY how to u...
GoPro

[ New ]
Adventurer

[ New ]

SInce the site removed fw 1.10 you are now at risk of  doing a factory rest, format sd card, and manually or using the Mobile app to  update your camera, if you continue to have issues best get with gopro. if it fixed the issue   you are good.

SInce we have  a few right now reporting issues, again gopro should REMOVE firmware off and not pass   betaware to the public. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Aber mal ehrlich, die Modi bringen ja nicht wirklich was, wenn man gleiche Einstellung im Modi "Beste Qualität" und "Akku Modi" einstellt, geht die Kamera bei der gleichen Zeit aus. Was bringt das einen wenn man beispielsweise mit 2,7K50FPS Bitate Hoch, Boost, L+ (Motorrad Modus bei einer Ausfahrt, während der Fahrt stellt man nicht immer ein und aus da man auf den Verkehr aufpassen muss.) aufnehmen möchte über 1h, dann hilft der Modi auch nicht.
Hiker

[ New ]

Siamo realisti, le nuove modalità non servono a nulla chi utilizza una gopro sa come deve configurare la cam in base alle situazioni.

Esistevano gia i profili personalizzabili quello che è stato fatto è rindondante e crea solo confusione personalmente è un tasto in più che non utilizzerò mai.

E' una mossa commerciale per giustificare il fatto che ci sono modalità che consumano di più energia e basta, invece di introdurre o perfezionare le modalità preesistenti ( vedi Max Lens ) si butta via del tempo per queste cose io proprio non capisco GoPro.

Come mimimo mi aspettavo di poter utilizzare la MaxLens...invece compare ancora il messaggio di aspettare una futura release del FW, vi pare normale dopo tutto questo tempo ? bah

Andrea

Adventurer

[ New ]

After the firmware loaded, turned on the camera, at start the. Overlay screen is saying scheduled recording.  There is no schedule recording at all on any profile;

this is. A BUG.

the Cold battery is still present, it is a bug

the Modes of EB is nice , placed on all Extended battery profiles

the Modes of tripod is nice placed on all tripod profiles

the Extended battery could have looked like a battery but not

I need to look again, if the three modes are now added to the Shortcuts if not, you did this incomplete.

GoPro  has a lot of work to do they still did not. Get 24FPS to 4K, 5K and they did not enable lens Module ye

Way to go gopro

Sightseer

Betreff: HERO10 Black v1.16 Released

[ New ]

Habe alle schritte gemacht, keine erkennbaren Probleme.

Ob sicch nun die Akku Laufzeit verlängert oder nicht, konnte ich derweil noch nicht testen.

Scheint das Update funktioniert einwanddfrei.

Nice Smiley LOL

Hiker

[ New ]

prolungata a pari impostazione tra prima e dopo l'aggiornamento ?

Sightseer

[ New ]
I guess it's the same standard.as before the update , everything works fine now
Adventurer

[ New ]
x2
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your posts here.

Last week, I got a brand new GoPro, my first experience with GoPro. Unfortunately, I didn't come across these forums until I had already updated to 1.15 ..... I did the update and it bricked my camera. Was just in that turn on/turn off loop. All the manual install and other troubleshooting didn't work so I went through the RMA process to get a new one. I hadn't even had the camera 24 hours before it was useless. So disappointing to spend so much money on a piece of equipment to have thier firmware brick it before I even had the opportunity to shoot video with it.

My new camera should be arriving tomorrow. (Hopefully it's new and not a refurb because I was told it will be new).... and I won't be updating the firmware on it, even with the 1.16 release obviously not fully fixing stuff that happened with 1.15. At this point, they can add in all the features they want, and they won't be worth possibly losing your gear for some indefinite amount of time.

GoPro please adequately test your firmwaare and the updating process before releasing it to customers! This experience doesn't at all match what I expected from a brand like GoPro. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

This new version absolutely does not work. The touch screen is uncontrollable, the small shortcut icons appear or disappear for no reason, the camera crashes ...
It's starting to cause a lot of problems for a camera whose price has increased further ... it's not very honest.
I don't know how to revert to the previous version so the camera becomes unusable.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Did you factory reset the camera after the firmware install like as per the instructions?

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes indeed. And despite that, I still have the touch screen that works with difficulty, the battery percentage which is random ...
It's strange that the firmwares are not tested before going out

Backpacker

[ New ]

The battery percentage will change based upon the shooting mode, resolution, frame rate etc.  This is due to the fact that the battery % now adjusts to reflect how much of a % is left based upon the shooting mode.

There were no touchscreen updates or changes in the update so not sure why you're having issues with that.

What SD card are you using in the camera?

Tourist

[ New ]

This novelty for the battery percentage is very strange, from a physical point of view, whether in 5K 60 or 1080p 24, the remaining battery capacity is always the same, I find it difficult to understand this choice of GoPro.
Regarding my SD card, I use a Sandisk extreme plus 128GB.

Thank you all the same for your help and your answers.

Backpacker

[ New ]

No worries, just wish I could help you figure these things out and so you could get the most out of your camera.  Sorry things aren't working out for you.  If you continue to have problems, I'd suggest contacting GoPro directly and seeing if they can do anything for you.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Nomad

[ New ]

Everytime I turn on camera it keeps talking about some schedule thing. I have NEVER messed with any scheduling thing and I dont know how to stop it from showing

Backpacker

[ New ]

Have you tried the following?

1:  Factory reset your camera using the Menu settings.

2:  Manually loading the GoPro Firmware onto your camera?

Nomad

[ New ]

@demonviewllc wrote:

Have you tried the following?

1:  Factory reset your camera using the Menu settings.

2:  Manually loading the GoPro Firmware onto your camera?

Yup that fixed it alright. I had already manually updated it via my sdcard and that when it started happening. 

So i factory restarted it and the problem went away

Sightseer

[ New ]

Oh, this update looks like fun. So much fun; I might have to set this one out. ;-)   Sorry to hear those of you having trouble. Get it together, GoPro.

Adventurer

[ New ]

When gopro tested this out before releasing it they never had any of the issues we mentioned.

to get rid of the schedule do not watche the posted vid in the above post

Jan release may fix the issues  wait-n-see

Sightseer

[ New ]

The Factory_Reset.txt worked for me, all else failed. 

It was only with the Factory_Reset.txt file placed on the SD card that the GoPro 10 booted again.
Before I tried everything twice and thrice, but it kept being in the restart-loop.  

I will soon try it out and see if it is stable. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Thankl you gopro perfect working firmware not a single issue

longest tripod mode record time

https://youtu.be/2ILYdgaGI40

Let me not waste your time watching a 36 minute video. so picked a song and putto a sped up video, camera ran longerthan 24 minutes, and gotten 36 full mi...
Adventurer

[ New ]

Engineers never run tests at GoPro, we do:   Stationary 4K tripod, in a cool room 

Adventurer

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:
Today we are releasing firmware v1.16 for HERO10 Black. If you had downloaded v1.15 and then had to revert to v1.10, please update to v1.16 and then perform a factory reset. This will help ensure a better experience with your GoPro.

How to perform a factory reset:
  1. With the camera idle and the rear display showing what the camera sees (this is called the idle screen), swipe down to access the dashboard.
  2. Swipe left to access [Connections and Preferences].
  3. Tap [Preferences].
  4. Scroll to the end of the menu options and tap [Reset].
  5. Scroll to the end of the menu options and tap [Factory Reset].
  6. Tap [Reset] on the confirmation screen to reboot the camera.
  7. Complete the first-time camera setup.

As it would be nice to know exactly what was  made or is it Top Secret:  the three Modes we know are   actual camera, EB (Extended Battery), Stationary (tripod)

If I go to Preference and  turn off GPS, Lowerscreen brightness,  turn off Front display, , 1 min screen for the back, hypersmooth off,, bitrate standard. 4K/24FPS, linear, I have the same if not a better Tripod, and extended battery  profile but with   features I have to do manually, and remember to turn back on, than that  shorrt cut? lightning bolt.

So could gopro tell us exactly  what is DIFERENT  than  me doing it manually, is something else TWEAKED, this is important to all to know

Adventurer

[ New ]

FW issue: at 1% 1HR 28 min the camera prompts a message that had not a single thing t o do with Battery Exhausted, Please CORRECT.  said something like trpod mount

Nomad

[ New ]

Is it just me or did all my shortcuts on the rear screen just disappear after this update...even though they are selected in the profile settings.....not all shortcuts appear when the profile is active....pretty sure they were all there with previous version....

Backpacker

[ New ]

Could be that shortcuts the clash with the particular profile are removed.  So in Tripod mode for example, the shortcuts for hypersmooth will be removed as hypersmooth is not activated in tripod mode etc.

Adventurer

[ New ]

because we chosen the special modes they are 50% lit and disabled.  take off the mode and it reappears

Adventurer

[ New ]

Overheated at 37 minutes while on FW 1.10 it was   the same  so this sounds like gopro was making profile names not overheating fixes

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

Is there still a way to downgrade from firmware v1.16 to v1.10? I can't switch my video presets anymore in v1.16 using mode+shutter button while using the GoPro in screen lock mode inside the waterproof housing. 

II want to downgrade my firmware because I need that function while filming during scubadiving (because you can't use the touchscreen when it's inside the waterproof housing).

Now I have to choose a setting before putting it in the housing and not being able to switch modes underwater even though I have to switch those because of the changing amount of light and slow and fast moving subjects, so basicly my most needed function disappeared.

Kind regards,

Koen

Backpacker

[ New ]
If you can't get a link to the downgrade, use the gopro labs firmware, that's based on the 1.10 firmware I believe
Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro may not like for us to post Lings but you can get firmware to downgrade. FW 1.10 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kvde

I am still able to change presets.

Would you mind checking the front screen setting of your camera?

Make sure it is not disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

my new gopro is now unusable thanks to this update. i've manually updated the firmware and have tried the reset factory text file trick. its pretty much an expensive brick now.