Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

HERO10 Beta Firmware Released

[ New ]

A new Beta firmware for the HERO10 Black is available now. Get the download and additional information here.

Tourist

Re: HERO10 Beta Firmware Released

[ New ]

What's about a new GoPro Labs Firmware with improvent of 1.19.44 Beta?

In Firmware 1.19.44 Beta I am missing the QR Codes feautre of LBAS Firmware.

Tourist

[ New ]

Beta install seems successful. Is the max resolution with the Max Lens Mod still 2.7k? I don't see any other options.

Nomad

[ New ]

@jasona655 wrote:

Beta install seems successful. Is the max resolution with the Max Lens Mod still 2.7k? I don't see any other options.

4k would be impossible as the sensor isn't large enough to accomodate a 4k crop rotated

Tourist

[ New ]

Ja, bei mir hat das Update auch geklappt, aber auch bei mir habe ich als maximale Auflösung 2.7 k 60fps - ich hoffe natürlich, dass sich das noch ändern wird mit dem endgültigen Update, sonst wäre das natürlich sehr enttäuschend. Das kann ich mir aber nicht vorstellen. Erst einmal danke an Gopro, dass sie die Beta Version möglich gemacht haben.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I understand that 4K is not possible with this sensor size, but what is the reason for not having 2.7k Superview 120fps? More than a year of development since the initial release and nothing's changed to leverage GP2?

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is literally the same functionality as a Hero 9 with max lens mod, which costs much less and came out a year ago.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is a photo from a video with 2.7k with the Max Mod lens. It's a shame that I couldn't film in daylight, so I can't say anything about the quality yet. But if the Gopro 10 with the Max Mod lens will only have 2.7k, that's not an option for me, I only film in 4k or 5.3K at 60fps. So I will send this lens back unless it gets 4k 60fps.

27lmaxmod.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

This is a normal lens photo from a 5.3k video with the new Suverview option. That looks interesting, but I need to see this in daylight and outside

5ksv2.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

This is a photo with a Max Mod lens - the image section is very large

maxmodfoto3.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

@jefft Is 4k60 not available for max lens mod just for the beta version, or 4k60 will also be not available in the final version?

Tourist

[ New ]

Somebody wrote in the other thread, that 4k will be not available. So if it's so, for me no option.

Hiker

[ New ]

HERO10 Sensor size is the same as Hero9, thus it will have the same Max Lens Mod resolution.

Hiker

[ New ]

@gunterk but the official gopro representative answered in this thread that YES, 4k will be available in the beta. That is why I am asking.

Thread - https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Will-GoPro-Hero-10-update-for-max-lens-mod-in-November/m-p/13...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @vishwak58150. Only the resolution settings identified at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO10-Black-1-19-44-Beta-Firmware-Information/ta-p/1332208 will be available with the Max Lens Mode in the HERO10 Black. Among these is 4K at 30/25/24 (4:3) but not at 60 fps. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya Is max lens 4k60 just not part of the beta or will it also not be available in the future firmware versions?

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @vishwak58150. Only the resolution settings identified at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO10-Black-1-19-44-Beta-Firmware-Information/ta-p/1332208 will be available with the Max Lens Mode in the HERO10 Black. Among these is 4K at 30/25/24 (4:3) but not at 60 fps. 

Nomad

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

@mariustanyaso is that a yer or no to using4k with the max lens mod?    uUder the title Max Lens Mod Compatibility you actually mention resolutions of 4k and 2.3 k  Are these resolutions available under max lens mode or are they actually meant to be uder a different heading?

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, lets see what will be in the end. I first will do some shots in daylight, make some experience and than will see.

Nomad

[ New ]

@gunterk wrote:

Ok, lets see what will be in the end. I first will do some shots in daylight, make some experience and than will see.

What diting software are you using?  You can try upscaling the 2.7k to 4k if your NLE has a mathematical upscaling ability (such as optical flow) rather than just stretching it to fit a 4k timeline.

Hiker

[ New ]

HDMI output while recording is still limited to 480p.

According to this chart the 9 and 10 should be able to output 1080p while recording and connected to HDMI. The 9 can, the 10 cannot.

It is incredibly important that the HDMI output remain at 1080p while recording for streaming purposes over HDMI. Since the feature is advertised on the chart, it should work that way as well.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, yes of course I will do it (upscaling), let's see the results. For closer shots I think it will ok, but not for the distance.  I use Magix Pro X software. For me the new 5k 60fps superview mode seems interesting. But I must see all this in daylight and compare all these mods. I have 2 G10, so I can do enough stuff to compare - and only in daylight, will be intersting, will show some new Fotos tomorrow.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Pin the topic  on gopro, 

Hiker

[ New ]

Max lens mode is not supported in webcam mode. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Did few tests with Max Lens Mod. Beta seems stable. Thanks! 

Nomad

[ New ]

@spiderfaced wrote:

Max lens mode is not supported in webcam mode. 

@spiderfacedare you likely to be rutating the camera through 360 degrees when you are using it as a web cam?

Tourist

[ New ]

Has anyone confirmed it retains these new features in the Beta Firmware?

NEW FEATURES

• Introduces Extended Battery and Tripod/Stationary modes with settings optimized for extended runtime.
  • Adds Ultra Slo-Mo and Basic presets.
Tourist

[ New ]

Nothing to do with this beta firmware today, this was the update v1.16 | 2. November 2021, I think.

Tourist

[ New ]

Webcam? You want to use it as a Webcam? OMG! Try the new 5.3K Superview mode and if it doesn't work, buy yourself a webcam.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yea it does, I am trying to find out if the beta version released today keeps these functions?

Tourist

[ New ]

Ah ok, now I understand. Yes, both settings are still available.

Nomad

[ New ]

@cliffd54 wrote:

Has anyone confirmed it retains these new features in the Beta Firmware?

NEW FEATURES

• Introduces Extended Battery and Tripod/Stationary modes with settings optimized for extended runtime.
  • Adds Ultra Slo-Mo and Basic presets.

Yes - they are still there but do nothing when the max lens mode is switched on.

Tourist

[ New ]

Max Lens Mod is enabled but Horizon lock isn't working like it does on the Hero 9, you could turn the camera 90 degrees in either direction and the horizon would stay level, on the 10 it'll go maybe 45 degrees then switches to portrait orientation.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Timewarp don't have Speed ramp function at max lens mod. Now that the chip of GOPRO 10 has been upgraded to a more powerful GP2. There should be something different from the functions of GOPRO9

Nomad

[ New ]

When the 10 was first released, I was gonna jump on buying it, cause I loved my hero 7 cameras, and I love my hero 9, but from what I've been reading, on this forum, in the facebook groups, and elsewhere, I'm glad I stuck to my trusty hero 9... never had audio pop issues or any of the problems others encountered with the 9...

They advertised the hero 10 as if it were already compatible with the max lens mod right out of the box...

When I found out the 9 didn't support live preview in the app while recording, I almost lost it! And if I would have bought a camera that was specifically advertised to be compatible with the max lens mod and then it wasn't, after spending what 400 or 500 bucks?

Really would have lost it on that one...

I truly hope this company figures out how to get their s*** together, and soon... but I won't hold my breath...

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all, you need to turn on the orientation lock with the Max lens Mod enabled other wise it will switch from landscape to portrait with a 45 degree angle. When lock is enabled it works as aspected.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes I am very likely to use Max Lens and Horizon leveling in webcam mode. Webcam mode is not exclusive to being used on a desktop and tripod. These cameras have uses that people may never think of.

Webcam mode for IRL streaming into a laptop in a backpack (directly into OBS) benefits tremendously from full Max Lens support and horizon leveling. This also negates the need for two cords (hdmi and usb for power). Furthermore, being able to rotate the camera 90° and maintain full horizon leveling allows for much better ergonomics overall.

If people request a feature, please don't project your own conceptions about its use, or please give me a good reason it should not be supported in webcam mode.

Tourist

[ New ]

It's a very harsh judgment and I don't agree with it, I don't like insults at all. Ok, there are problems that would have been better recognized and eliminated beforehand. But you are under pressure to have to publish something new every year. And in my opinion, Gopro is a company that dares and develops a lot. I trust that the bugs will be fixed and I like my Hero 10

Hiker

[ New ]

I am steadfast in my judgement and don't feel I went into insults at all. I just want to be clear that it has very useful functionality in these two modes so that any potential devs can recognize it. Perhaps I projected onto you (and another who brushed off webcam + max mod / horizon leveling) the same argument that I would give to devs because I'm aware that community moderators and potentially devs will be reading my feedback as well.

I like my Hero 10 as well, but want to see its potential maximized and especially for IRL streaming.

Tourist

[ New ]

Good morning, so first daylight foto, though it is cloudy, taken from 5,3 60fps superwide Video (withoud max lens). This is really a very good new feature - and because it is so, you dont need the max lens mod anymore, my opinion, but I also will shoot some stuffe with the max lens. 

2021-11-19.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Hello. Us there any technical limitation not to have night photo mode with max lens mod?
Hiker

[ New ]

It's nice that you try to please people with beta sw with MaxLens Mod support, even with some limitations. However, is the MaxLens Mod support, added framerates, and SuperView in 5.3k all that's fixed in the beta?

I look forward to MaxLens Mod support, but for the moment I can use the H9 for that.

I'm, more concerned with the corrupting of SD cards. SD Err occurs regularily when starting to record on A2 spec cards, and sometimes the whole card gets corrupted. I haven't experienced this on A1 cards, but a few times when starting a recording (most often trough QuickCapture) even on A1 cards, the screen turns black, and while the timer is counting, the camera is totally unresponsive. To recover you have to do the "classic" GoPro solution of a battery pull. Are there any fixes in the beta to improve the SD card handling, or when can we expect a fix for this?

Hiker

[ New ]
@gunterk però non credo che chi abbia comprato la Max Lens sia per far foto, ma per stabilizzare a 360° in video come ad esempio in MTB/Surf/Snowboard etc....le foto secondo me interessano fin la
Tourist

[ New ]

It only locks the horizont during the recording

Tourist

[ New ]
543 / 5000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

After the first recordings, which I did now with the beta firmware, there are two consequences for me: 1. The new super-wide mode with 5.3K 60fps is really very good, thanks to Gopro. 2. That's why I don't really need the Max Lens Mod, I will send the lens back, precisely because the other mode is exactly what I need and 2.7K is not acceptable for me, and the lens is quite heavy . But I can imagine that some people will still find this lens good because of the horizon lock.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the Beta Firmware update, GoPro. I was hoping for 2.7k @ 120fps with the capabilities of the new GP2 chip but I see we still only have a max frame rate of 60 fps which is disappointing. Which this be available in the full release version of the update?

Thanks

Chris

Tourist

[ New ]
@snowyranger422 I was expecting 120fps as well. I'm sure I read or saw this was going to be available on the H10.
Tourist

[ New ]

@furiosa wrote:

It only locks the horizont during the recording

That is correct. It should only lock the horizon during recording. If you want to film in portrait mode you first have to turn it to portrait and lock the horizon in portrait mode after pressing the record button.

Nomad

[ New ]

@wrightcoast wrote:

Max Lens Mod is enabled but Horizon lock isn't working like it does on the Hero 9, you could turn the camera 90 degrees in either direction and the horizon would stay level, on the 10 it'll go maybe 45 degrees then switches to portrait orientation.

First of all you have to turn the horizon lock on by pressing the horizon lock icon in the bottom right (tilted square with a lne through it) - if it's white its turned off and if it's blue its turned on.

Next is that horizon lock doesn't kick in till you start recording - this lets you set the orientation between landscape and portrait and, once recording, it will keep that orientation.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was able to test the beta. Works well at 2.7k

https://youtu.be/u37kFD2JIwA

GoPro released the Beta update today 11/18/21 for the Hero 10 to enable support for the Max Lens Mod. I went out on the Backfire G3 electric longboard to tes...
Hiker

[ New ]

@graylight32835 Nice clip. Just a quick question, and sorry for asking a stupid question (I am a beginner), how are you able to upload a 2.7k video as 4k on youtube? I see the video here is in 4k.

I mean, is there any software where you can upscale a 2.7k clip to 4k?