Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: HERO 9 "Unable to view" in playback mode

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, and for sharing a solution, @quicksilver04. Unfortunately, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. We recommend reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem. However, before showing "Unable to view," my GoPro 9 usually crashed at the last moment of my recording. The screen is still on; the red light also appears (although the recording should be terminated after one min (my setting)). This situation has happened three times. After removing the battery and making a recording one more time, it goes back to normal again. I believe that "Unable to View" in my case is due to a problematic recording (the file is not entirely recorded for some reason).  

I use the SD card in the box, update the firmware using the SD card, format the SD card, reset all settings, even a hardware reset... The problem seems to be solved in the beginning, but then it comes back. I have no problem with what's going on...

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @chaselweng. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number.