Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO 9 black gets really Hot

[ New ]

Aloha! 

I bought the new go pro with sc card directly from this website and used it twice and gets extremely hoy and after 15 min stop working.

Sol

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HERO 9 black gets really Hot

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

You may check Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

What are the temps of the environment at the time?

Is the camera in constant motion?

Hiker

[ New ]

as another reference point, my hero 9 overheats in 13 degree celcius weather, on my helmet, on a motorbike at 100kmh, in 70, 50, 30, 26, 1min increments- when battery powered. 70 has been a once off. 45-50 is more common and the 30/26/1 are when i insist on using the camera again straight away- crazy i know...

when usb powered (not a common use case for an "action cam") it isn't an issue, so i suspect it's actually battery temps that are the cause of the thermal shutdown issues. there's no real way to fix that with the current combo of hardware and packaging :(

Nomad

[ New ]

This is really really good to know... I have a 9 still in box and still have a couple of days until the person who bought it for me shall return it... all of the feedback has been fantastic in helping make this decision, but it's actually my experience with a lack of recent and current updates on previous Hero models... this just confirms I should have her return it...

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

You may check Camera Performance in Extreme Temperatures for reference.

Thanks!

Ej