Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: HERO 8 not recognised by Mac/Image Capture/GoPro Quik

[ New ]
Thank you, solved my connectivity issues on W10.
Tourist

[ New ]
someone please note this is the solution. I had no issues with my HERO 8 until I did an update a month ago. First time plugging it in and it would not work. This user posted the right solution and should be listed on the troubleshooting steps in the following article:
https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-desktop-Mac/ta-p/392989
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey thanks so much Zippyflame6504 this worked!

How annoying all the hours I wasted trying different things and the solution was so quick.

Thank you

Sightseer

[ New ]

Legend. I have just spent the last 90 minutes updating things, resetting things searching the web, and shouting at my screen. This fixed my issue in 10 seconds. Thank you sir 

Sightseer

[ New ]

This solved for me as well.  This always used to work on my MacBook Pro, but I believe my mistake was connecting it to my iPad and using the GoPro software to import vids to Pictures on iCloud.  That software must change the camera setting from MTP to GoPro Connect.   After manually changing it back to MTP, it now shows up again on Image Capture on Macbook Pro.  Thanks for the tip.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Had the same Problem after the last update and after performing all the checklists (not helpful) it worked with the proposed MTP setting! Thanks a lot !! @GoPro would be nice if you fix this issue in the beta version before causing trouble for everyone here next time :)