Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO 8 not recognised by Mac/Image Capture/GoPro Quik

[ New ]

My HERO 8 not recognised by Mac/Image Capture/GoPro Quik but it is connected by USB and it is showing "USB Connected" on the screen of the camera.

I have tried multiple USB ports, restarting, taking the battery out of camera, etc. 

What else can I do?

Jack

GoPro

Re: HERO 8 not recognised by Mac/Image Capture/GoPro Quik

[ New ]

Hi @jackp35455

What version is the camera on?

Please go over the steps on Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port 

You may also check this thread. Though the OS mentioned is Windows, see if it will work on your Mac.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue - the official troubleshooting steps from GoPro (reset USB port and make sure folders aren't renamed) are useless.  Why are GoPro's so problematic in this regarding?  

Sightseer

[ New ]

Changing the USB connection to MTP instead of GoPro connect worked for me.  GoPro should document this better. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have been experiencing the same problem. Your suggestion of changing the connection to MTP solved it. After hours of resetting Mac SMC, reformatting cards, searching endless threads on this topic .... Thank you for this. 

@bscheffel wrote:

Changing the USB connection to MTP instead of GoPro connect worked for me.  GoPro should document this better. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem.
I've solved it and I'll share it with you.

1 User settings on the GoPro unit
2 Connection
3 USB connection
4 MTP

This procedure will solve the problem.

On the GoPro side, you can use the
In the next update, the
We seek improvements to ensure that this issue is resolved.

Tourist

[ New ]

YES! This totally fixed the issue. MANY thanks! What a pain. It also is intresting to note the camera WILL NOT work in Webcam mode when set to MTP USB connection. You do have to set it back to the propriatary GoPro USB setting. Ugh. At least it works this way. Thanks again for this post. Really helpful!

Tourist

[ New ]
This solved my problem on Windows 10, thank you!