Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

HERO 8 CAMERA FREEZES WHEN TRYING TO VEIW MEDIA

[ New ]

Hello,

I did not have this problem first when i got my Go pro hero 8 but now every time i swipe up to view my media while out filming and just want to get a glimpse of how it is looking the camera freezes and only way to fix it is to restart the camera via the power button, my camera is up to date, and screen lock is not active so this is obviusly a bug in the system that has to be fixed. This is does not prevent me from using the camera but it really bums me out, and another problem im having is that i cant view media or controle the gopro through the gopro app on my Samung galaxy a71, it says it is connected but does not allow me to do anything more. I really like the product but i am beginning to see the your cameras are nutorius for having all kinds of annoying bugs that make the use of the camera far less enjoyeble.

hopeing for a reply soon, thank you!

GoPro

Re: HERO 8 CAMERA FREEZES WHEN TRYING TO VEIW MEDIA

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the app and the camera, @andrésa31312. The camera freezing is an indication of an issue with the firmware or the SD card used. 

How was the update on your camera done? If not manually, we recommend that it be done so. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

It is also important that the camera uses a recommended SD card. Which card are you using? The information on the brand, capacity, and type will be helpful. 

We paired a HERO8 Black on the latest firmware with an A71 phone and we were able to view and control the camera. Were you getting any warning or error messages on the app? See if changing the Wi-Fi band on the camera to 2.4GHz will help. (Go to Preferences > Connections> Wi-Fi Band)

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello, thanks for the reply.

I did the update manually according to the propper instuctions and i am using the 32gb SanDisk i got with the camera. I have newer come accross a error notification on the app it just freezes when i try to do anything with the camera, while on the camera screen it says it is connected. So much more fun when all the gear works properly! :)
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @andrésa31312

Let our Support Team check on this further.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for the help i will do that !