Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

HERO 7 Black - skew/tilted Display and Camera Lense?!

Hi. Is this me or does the new Hero7Black have a light skew/tilted Display and Camera lense? 

Adventurer

Re: HERO 7 Black - skew/tilted Display and Camera Lense?!

if you post up a shot and if you have an older  camera tocompare then we can take a look and say.... otehr then that I have to wait for the back order and camera for me to arrive to comment further?

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi. Sorry, didnt think about that the release was just 2 days ago. I only have a Hero3+ without a display. I made 2 pictures where you can see the skew display and camera lense. I read through some comments on amazon of the new 7 Black and others seems like having the same problem. Its this maybe a thing for the support?

Sorry for my bad English and paint-skills :)

EDIT: I know I photographed from the side a little bit but light is not so good here. Didnt want my shadow on the picture.

gopro.jpg
Explorer

The lens screws on/off so there is no saying if the one in the picture is completely on correctly.  It's hard to tell from the picture if the display is off or not since the angle of the picture is slightly off.  Not sure if it really matters a whole lot, but I guess to some it might.

Tourist

Another try. I know its not major problem but it seems like they have some manufacturing issues...

gopro2.jpg
Explorer

Lens looks fine, LCD looks slightly skewed but when I line it up (scroll on browser) to the black header above, it looks straight. Might be an optical illusion since you have different border width.
Nomad

Just give the front lens a little clockwise turn to see if it straightens it up.
Explorer

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png