Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

HERO 7 BLACK STOPS RECORDING

[ New ]
This camera has been nothing but problems for me she’s up to date, been formatted over theee amount, restored , sim changed, internal that are accessible wiped down (dry micro fiber cloth), updated, you name it I tried this camera has terrible film quality highly recommended not to purchase. Really dissatisfied I love this company but freezing and glitching seems like the future models will soon enough fail. I’m loosing precious time and chances to catch amazing memories because of a faulty device someone please save my day 😞 I tried posting a video but website won’t let me either one after another with gopro

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HERO 7 BLACK STOPS RECORDING

[ New ]

@anthonys37, sorry to hear you're having issues with the camera. The recording issue can be related to either a problem with the SD card being used or the camera itself. Try using a different SD card (if available). If it records fine, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: HERO 7 BLACK STOPS RECORDING

[ New ]

@anthonys37, sorry to hear you're having issues with the camera. The recording issue can be related to either a problem with the SD card being used or the camera itself. Try using a different SD card (if available). If it records fine, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. 

You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here

It is also advisable to format the SD card before use. (NOTE: Reformatting the SD card will delete all data off of the card, so be sure that you save any videos or pictures you want to keep on your computer before reformatting the SD card.) 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229