Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

HERO 6 Black Auto and continous HiLight Tagging

Hi,

Whenever I shoot video using my camera, HiLight tagging automatically starts and continue tagging until maximum taggin reached.

I am not pressing anything on the camera but it keep tagging.

Can you help me solve this one? I cannot find any setting regarding it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HERO 6 Black Auto and continous HiLight Tagging

Hi @sunnydusk25101

When the camera is on stand by, does the mode change on its own?

See if resetting the camera to its factory settings will help.

You may also try running a manual update through https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,

Thank you for you reply.

on Standby mode is not changing. I already did factory resetting the unit many time and still the same.

Before, the issue is the automatic and continuous hilight tagging, so I was advised by my friend to do manual update, since factory resetting did nothing. After Manual update using instrucation https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero6-black. the issue got worst, now whenever i stop recording video, it will switch to another mode.

It is realy frustrating :(

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for getting back to us with an update, @sunnydusk25101. It sounds like there could be a problem with the camera's Mode function. Just to verify, do you get the same results when using the camera outside its Mounting Frame? If so, please let our Support team know so they can help you on the next steps. Let them know about the troubleshooting steps already taken. You can reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @aenriquez , yes same issue if I use it without waterproof case.

Not really sure what to do now, I already contact gopro support thru chat and they advised me about manula update which I did and still the same issue.

I tried it again yesterday and now another issue came up. during photo mode, there is a 2 black bar line on both side as seen on the photo attached.

I'm not sure what to do now, gopro is no longer under warranty as it was purchased dated 2017 and I dont have the invoice/receipt now. Im getting stressed and upset for a week now cause i dont know what to do about it :(

61796682_366784864043563_4512051650562621440_n.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, @sunnydusk25101. We definitely want to help as best as we can. It will be best to continue working with our Support team so they can look into options for you. Please let them know about the steps already taken. You can reach out to them by phone or chat.