Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

HERO 6 Battery Stuck

I am unable to pull the battery out of my HERO 6, any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: HERO 6 Battery Stuck

try this :

the narrow edge is where youcan simply lift up the battery try not to  use a sharp object if you have to carefully.  

I made a number of videos showing howto get bats out.  I used my thumb I get under to the narrow side and pry up  no tool required.  careful about the bat door  

doing this Live now  to show you on a hero 5 black

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Battery must have been installed backwards. You're going to have to use a small screwdriver to pry it loose. Be careful not to nick the edge of the camera case that the waterproof seal rests on.

Highlighted
Adventurer

try this :

the narrow edge is where youcan simply lift up the battery try not to  use a sharp object if you have to carefully.  

I made a number of videos showing howto get bats out.  I used my thumb I get under to the narrow side and pry up  no tool required.  careful about the bat door  

doing this Live now  to show you on a hero 5 black

Highlighted
Adventurer

If a battery is place in backwards the door can not be closed, I hope you did not foce the door closed OP never mentioned backwards or upside down?

Ifind very easy to remove batteries  as I hope my demonstration both in correct and incorrect gets it out for you.