Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: HERO 5 GPS for Video

[ Edited ]

And what kind of [Edit] pogrammed this board to use **bleep** when you said d-a-m-n?

Highlighted
Hiker

Fine, as I said, would be nice to have tha meta data, not disagreeing. Have you sent your reqest to gopro or just been ranting here on the **bleep** board? 

Again, what if you record video or take photos indoors? no gps data then, regardless of brand....

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

And if they let this link go thru you will see that you were wrong about the VIRBE 30 not providing GPS overlay...because they do. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Of course it has overlay, I never said it didn't. Thats the whole point of an action camera,to overlay data (speed, track, etc) onto the VIDEO just like the GP5.

Your first rant was about showing long/lat on a map. That requiers some work on both cameras, not something out of the box.

As for showing the first long/lat of a gps embedded VIDEOfile in file properties, I'll take you word that the Virb does that. Nice.   

Highlighted
Tourist

Very little of my footage is inside. But like with my phone, GPS works inside wooden houses. But on the very rare instance it doesn't, i go outside long enough to get a GPS lock which my cameras use. If GP cared about their product they would monitor these....or at least look at what their competition is doing. There is reason their stock has gone from $90 to $7. If it hadn't been a gift i would have had the VIRBE Ultra 30 with bluetooth audio.
Highlighted
Tourist

See this is monitored. They replaced part of my comment earlier with [Edit] and deleted the URL link both of which were posted and visible for several minutes after i posted them. It might be work to post lat.lon as an overlay, but their competition put in the extra half hour to code it. And they do have the info because it used to create that stupid squigly path line.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I'll agree that the havn't handled the gps implemtation well. Took way too long for a usefull overlay option with Dashware. Quic is a nightmare. :-)

The virb is a good cam, that have also implemeded ODB logging for motorsports. I theory, the GP can do this thru Bluetooth as well, but from what I understand its not there yet. However, the virb has its problems as well. Seprate data file vs gp's embedded has been giving sync problems from what I've heard. 

Everyone has their prefferd features. I do not see the problem you are having, very realy look at the file properties and I have everthing save in dayly folders, but eveyone has their way. Fine.

What I would really like is to record a "run" and while preveiwing on the LCD, bring up for example, maximum speed recorded or length of run. max G's etc.  Will probably have to wait for the next version. 

Have a nice day. 

Highlighted
Tourist

BTW i never said i cared about showing lat/lon on a map. Just the word lat colon value comma lon colon value. Like the VIRB.