Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

HERO 4 Black glitches and artefacts with Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB

I bought a Hero 4 Black a few days ago on ebay, it looked very nice, like a refurbished camera in a brown gopro box with all new mounts etc...

Now I have big problems with glitches and colorful artefacts on photos and videos, no matter witch resolution or framerate I use.

I´ve  tried several SD Cards and finaly bought a new "Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB", but I have still the same problems.

Firmware 5.0, manually installed twice, SD Card formated in the camera

I´ve attached a screenshot of a video. This appears about every 2-5 seconds and lasts up to 5-6 frames in a video.

Is this still a known SD Card Problem, or could it be the hardware? As I said, it has nothing to do weather protune or higher framerates are turned on or off! On stills and video, so I guess it has nothing to do with writing speed?

Confused!

LG archikopter

gopro 4 black glitches with SANDISK Extreme Pro 64 GB.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: HERO 4 Black glitches and artefacts with Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB

Hello @archikopter

Thank you for the details that you provided. The SD card that you are using is a good one according the list of recommended cards. The issue could be hardware-related rather than software or SD card compatibility. OUr team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with sorting this out. Please get in touch with them either by calling or initiating a chat. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @archikopter

Thank you for the details that you provided. The SD card that you are using is a good one according the list of recommended cards. The issue could be hardware-related rather than software or SD card compatibility. OUr team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with sorting this out. Please get in touch with them either by calling or initiating a chat. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Explorer

Bummer. I'd return the camera to your eBay seller.
Unless you absolutely need the Hero4 model, you are better off with a Hero6/5 anyway. If price was the deciding factor, you can get a refurbished Hero5 from GoPro https://shop.gopro.com/refurbished

The benefit of purchasing from GoPro is you will get the 1-year warranty with it.

The Hero5 is basically the Hero4 Black but you also get:
Waterproof without a case
Image stabilization (2-axis, Hero6 is 3-axis)
Rear LCD screen
WDR photo
RAW photo
Voice activation
Selective Light Metering
Wind reduction microphones
Protune Audio options
GPS
and Auto Quik Stories with the GoPro apps