Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

HERO 4 Black: USB not working

We have purchased several GoPro Hero 4 (Firmware 3.00) at the same time and from the same distributor, and we are still within warranty period of 2 years.

For 1 year, everything worked fine. Now one camera seems to be having trouble with the USB.

The camera itself works when a battery is inserted, but no reaction when connected to a USB cable. We have tried with and without an inserted battery and with different USB cables. We have tried connecting directly with the PC (Windows 10) and with a USB-Hub. Needless to say, the battery cannot be charged within the camera.

The USB port itself does not have visible damage of any kind.

The other GoPros work just fine with the various configurations mentioned above.

Any tips for handling this? Is this a warranty case?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: HERO 4 Black: USB not working

@spiryhero75127 - Are you using the same USB cable and ports on your computer for each camera. I want to eliminate the possibility that it's the cable or the computer's USB port causing the issues. Also, can you try using one of the batteries from a working camera in the non-working one to see if the battery might be the issue?

If everything is the same, I'd suggest contacting our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can do some additional troubleshooting issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@spiryhero75127 - Are you using the same USB cable and ports on your computer for each camera. I want to eliminate the possibility that it's the cable or the computer's USB port causing the issues. Also, can you try using one of the batteries from a working camera in the non-working one to see if the battery might be the issue?

If everything is the same, I'd suggest contacting our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can do some additional troubleshooting issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

I used the USB ports on the front of the PC and the hub connected to a port on the back of the PC. I also switched (working) batteries to no avail.

Also connecting to a different computer left me with the same results. Inserting a micro SD-card also did not make a difference.

One camera worked just fine will the same computers, cable, USB ports and hubs, batteries, and micro SD-card - and the other camera did not show the correct reaction (no red LEDs indicating charging, no USB icon when turned on, etc.) when connected with a cable to a computer.

I'll follow your suggestion and contact the support team. Thank you.