Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

HERO 4 BLK not recognized on iPhoneX GoPro APP but 3 BLK is

[ New ]

iPhoneX DOES recognize my 3 Black and I can use the GoPro App but GoPro 4 Black DOES NOT.  I do not see 4 Black in the wi-fi list...therefore I can not trouble shoot by reseting HELP!

Aslo this wi heat happens:

With camera off Ishould be able to turn on Wi-fi but when holding the setting button to turn on wi-fi but instead the camera TURNS ON to "wireless" menu (pic 1) ..then I choose Gopro app, and get "pairing" flashing with a countdown clock, at this point the blue light IS flashing (pic 2)... I do trun on the GoPro App setting and wi-fi

I do not see the camera on my wi-fi list on iphone X.

IMG_5123.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: HERO 4 BLK not recognized on iPhoneX GoPro APP but 3 BLK is

[ New ]

Hi @jcgtv,

Try this. 

On your phone - remove any GoPro Camera under Bluetooth Settings or paired Bluetooth Device. 

After that go to GoPro App - Unpair or remove any camera or the camera that you want to pair. 

Next, Reset the camera's wireless connection: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

After that you can perform factory reset. 

You should be able to pair the camera after that. 

-jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jcgtv,

Try this. 

On your phone - remove any GoPro Camera under Bluetooth Settings or paired Bluetooth Device. 

After that go to GoPro App - Unpair or remove any camera or the camera that you want to pair. 

Next, Reset the camera's wireless connection: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Reset-the-Camera-s-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

After that you can perform factory reset. 

You should be able to pair the camera after that. 

-jay

Hiker

[ New ]

DUDE!  It Worked!!!  Thanks so much

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

one more question if you dont mind...I had a 3 black and was able to set it so when I turned it on it would be in Video mode...how can I change a 4 blk so it is in video mode when turned on?...right now it is on camera mode

thanks again

GoPro

[ New ]

Awesome! You're welcome @jcgtv

-Jay

GoPro

[ New ]

Look for default mode on your camera settings @jcgtv

From there choose Video as default mode.